Paix . Travail- PatriePeace·
Work – Fatherland
MINISTERE DE l’ENSEIGNEMENT SUPERIEUR
MINISTRY Of HIGHER EDUCATION
THE MlNlSTEROF STATE, MlNlSTEROF HlGHER EDUCATlON HEREBY ANNOUNCES AS FOLLOWS,
The 2019 session of the Higher Professional Diploma Exam (HPD) is launched with effect from the date of signature of this press release.
1- ORGANIZATIONOF THE NATIONAL EXAM
The April – June 2018 session of the Higher Professional Diploma (HPD) Exam shall take place ln the sole (01) centre of Bamenda. Other examination centres could be created if conditions so permit.
The Higher National Diploma Examinations hall be organized in two phases:
•Practical examination in April
•Written examination in June
However, for the conduct of the examination in sorne specialties, the grouping of candidates could be done in the various above-mentioned centres if infrastructural constraints so impose. The candidates concerned shall be informed in due course.
Il- APPLICATION MODALITIES, FEES, REQ UIREMENTS AND REGISTRA TION PROCEDURE FOR THE EXAMINATION
ILl Application Modalities
II.1.1 Candidates to the HPD national exam may be either internai candidates or external candidates.
II.1.2 The status of internaI candidates shall be reserved for a candidate (new or old) presented by an accredited establishment and who can show proof of two years of training in an approved HPD cycle.
II.1.3 The status of external candidates shall be reserved for a candidate who has failed one or several sessions of the HPD exam and who is not presented by an establishment.
II.1.4 The application file shall comprise the following documents:
- A personal information sheet duly filled by the candidate on the website www.e.examens.uninet.cm. This form, along with the registration number of the candidate, shall be printed by the candidate, stamped at the rate in force, and signed by competent authorities;
- Transcripts of the first and second year of the HPD cycle signed by competent authorities;
- A clear certified true photocopy of the secondary school leaving diploma : Brevet de Technicien(Vocational Training Certificate), Baccalaureate, General Certificate of Education! Advanced Level obtained in a single session in at least two subjects excluding “Religious Knowledge” or an equivalent diplorna recognized by the Ministry of Higher Education;
- A clear photocopyof birth certificate;
- A large self-addressed envelope stamped at the rate in force; A valid attestation of industrial placement;
- A receipt of the payment of registration fees for the examination to the Yaoundé Public Treasury;
- A photocopy of online validation of the receipt;
- A receipt of the submission of an equivalencefile (for foreign diplomas);
- The original copy of the authentication of the Baccalaureate or GCE AIL by the Cameroon Baccalaureate Board or the GCE Board.
Application file to sit for the HPD exam shall include the following documents:
- A personal information sheet duly filled by the candidate on the website www.e.examens.uninet.cm. This forrn, along with the registration number of the candidate, shall be printed by candidate, stamped at the rate in force, and signed by competent authorities;
- A clear certified true copy of the secondary school leaving diploma : Brevet de Technicien (Vocational Training Certificate), Baccalaureate, General Certificate of Education Advanced Level obtained in a single session in at least two subjects excluding Religious Knowledge or an equivalent diploma recognized by the Ministry of Higher Education;
- A clear photocopy of birth certificate;
- A large self-addressedenvelope stamped at the rate in force;
- A transcript showing that the candidate has previously failed the HPD (Provide a photocopy of the Transcript);
- A receipt of payment of registration fees bearing the Field, Speciality, in the name of the Financial Agent of the Department of University Accreditations and Quality (DAUQ) issued by any EXPRESS – EXCHANGE Branch to the address of “NGOA-EKELE II” EXPRESS EXCHANGE Branch in YAOUNDE
- The mark for the intemship report or supervised project signed by competent authorities (for candidates who sat for the examination before 2008);
- A receipt of the submission of an equivalencefile (for foreign diplomas).
Il.2. Registrationfees for the examination
For the 2019 session, registration fees have been fixed as follows according to the various categories:
Category A: A sum of forty seven thousand (47000) CF AF for the following authorized Specialties:
Category B: A sum of fifty two thousand (52 000) CF AF for the following authorized Specialties:
- Dental Therapy
- Judical Career
- Pharmacy Technology
- Medical Diagnostic Imaging and Radiation Therapy
- Medical Laboratory Science
Registration fees of any other speciality will be fixed in due time.
II.2.3 For internai candidates, registration fees will be deposited at the Yaoundé Central Treasury by heads of establishments into account number 04S04000TGY62.
II.2.4 For external candidates, registration fees will be paid at any EXPRESS – EXCHANGE Branch to the “NGOA-EKELE II” EXPRESS – EXCHANGE Branch in YAOUNDE in the name of the Financial Agent of Department of University Accreditations and Quality (DAUQ).
II.2.5 Registration fees for the examination shall not be refundable.
111.3 Requirements and Registration procedures for the Examination
111.3.1 Only establishments with an authorization to open issued before or in 2017 will be allowed to present candidates for the current session of the Higher National Diploma, in the fields, specialties or options concerned.
111.3.2 The Heads of those establishments will have to deposit ail complete application files of their candidates after verification of their names, surnames, date and place of birth at the Ministry of Higher Education, Department of University Accreditations and Quality, Sub-Department of Academies Evaluations and Certifications, Service in charge of Evaluations, 13th floor, latest Friday 15th March 2019.
Furtherrnore, second year transcripts, internship attestations, the marks awarded for the defence of internship reports, supervised projects shall be deposited with an enclosure slip by Heads ofe stablishments concerned at the Ministry of Higher Education,Department of University Accreditations and Quality, Sub-Department of Academie Evaluations and Certifications, Service in charge of Evaluations latest Friday 3rd May 2019.
111.3.3 External candidates shall submit their complete application files at the Ministry of Higher Education, Department of University Accreditations and Quality, Sub-Department of Academies Evaluations and Certifications, Service in charge of Evaluations, 13th floor, latest Friday 15th March 2019.
111.3.4 The penalty for late submission of application files shall amount to a sum of ten thousand (10 000) CFAF per file, for files deposited between Monday 18th March and Thursday 29th March 2019.
111.3.5 No files will be received after Friday 29th March 2019.
11I.3.7 All heads of establishments must authenticate their candidate’s diplomas either with the GCE Board or the Baccalaureate Board. The original of these authentications will be attached to candidates’ file at the moment of registration for the exam.
111.3.8 All heads of establishments who have not submitted examination papers and their sam ple answers for subjects relating to ail the specialities authorized and opened in their schools at the date specified in the programme will have to do so during registration and against signature (2 proposais per subject).
111.3.9 All teachers who set papers for practical examination for which basic equipment is required should attach an estimated cost for each candidate
111.3.10 All Heads of establishments will have to separate Old candidates’ application files from new candidates’ application files.
IV – EXEMPTION
IV.l In accordance with the regulation in force, unsuccessful candidates, who obtained mark(s) equal to/or above 10/20 in one or many papers for the 2018 session of the HPD exam, shall automatically keep the advantage of the above marks for the 2019 session exclusively.
However, candidates concerned who so desire may apply for the cancellation of this exemption. ln that case, they shall obligatorily repeat the paper(s) concerned; but such candidates shall no longer solicit the taking into account of marks that have been cancelled at their request.
IV.2l All claims relating to exemptions, including from external candidates, shall be submitted at the Ministry of Higher Education, Department of University Aeereditations and Quality, Sub-Department of Academie Evaluations and Certifications, Service in charge of Evaluations, 13th floor, not later than Friday 26th April 2019.
IV.3 After the processing of potential cancellation applications and other claims, the final exemption lists will be available and posted at exam centres and the Ministry of Higher Education, Department of University Accreditations and Quality, Sub-Department of Academie Evaluations and Certifications, Service in charge of Evaluations, 13thfloor, on Friday 3rd May 2019.
V. PUBLICATION OF LISTS OF CANDIDATES
After the study of files, the National Committee for the Organisation of National Exams will publish the final lists of the candidates authorised to sit for the exam, as from Friday 17th May 2019
Candidates registered in fields that are not authorised by the supervisory ministry in the establishments coneerned will not be allowed to take the examination.
Only candidates who are duly registered will be allowed to sit for Higher National Diploma Exam with their National Identity Card
Any false information provided by the candidate will automatically disqualify the latter and expose the defaulter and the establishment concerned to legal sanctions provided for by the regulations in force.