The Georgetown University Center for Global Health Practice and Impact (CGHPI) serves countries to improve their population health and wellbeing and to safeguard against health-related threats by advancing the use of evidence and human-centered enterprise architecture on the path towards achieving equity and social justice. To achieve this mission, we catalyze the uptake, spread, and implementation of innovations; triangulate data from different sources, and tailor visualization of the information for each audience; design and implement integrated service delivery models; support communities of practice to inform policy and practice through efficient data use and horizontal and vertical collaboration; disseminate best practices and evidence globally through open source learning networks; build global, collaborative, multi-disciplinary, and interprofessional networks; undertake research that is informed by local needs; and invest in local leadership to own, provide oversight, and sustain implemented interventions. Georgetown University, through CGHPI, has recently received an award from U.S Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (U.S. CDC) through funding from the U.S President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR) to support HIV response efforts in Cameroon for achievement of HIV epidemic control to implement a program titled Translating Data and Evidence into Impact (TIDE). As a result, CGHPI is recruiting for the following program implementation positions. All prospective candidates must be fluent in French and working knowledge of English. These positions will be based in Yaoundé or Bertoua. CGHPI is operating in Cameroon as Georgetown Global Health LLC (GGHC)
GGHC Office Positions
Field Operations Manager
Location of Work:
Yaoundé and Bertoua, Cameroon
The Administrative Officer will support the administration department’s daily operations in line with GGHC and donor policies.
• Monitoring and maintaining office equipment and inventory supplies; orders replacement supplies as needed;
• Creating, updating, and maintaining records and databases;
• Scheduling company calendar and updating as needed;
• Preparing reports on expenses, office budgets, and other expenditures;
• Supporting department managers, staff;
• Coordinating office building and maintenance issues for general repair;
• Organizing special functions and social events;
• Handling general correspondence and preparing documentation or presentation materials as required for business purposes.
• Dealing with email enquiries
• Taking minutes
• Diary management and arranging appointments, booking meeting rooms and conference facilities
• General office management such as ordering stationary
• Arranging both internal and external events
• Possibly maintaining the company social media accounts
• Bachelor’s Degree
• At least 2 years of experience in a similar position in a reputable organization
• Basic understanding of donor operations particularly USG will be an added advantage.
• Good understanding of administrative procedures within a structured organization.
• Assets and inventory management experience using automated tracking system is an advantage.
• Excellent writing, organization, coordination, and communication skills
• High proficiency in computer office solutions
• Proficient in communicating in English and French
Instructions for Submitting Applications:
2. Applications should include 3 references that are familiar with applicant’s work experience preferably in the last 2-5 years. References should include contact information including daytime phone and e-mail address.
3. All applications should include a cover letter that details one’s suitability for the job highlighting key functional areas, expected qualifications and experiences.
4. Candidates should attach a 3-page CV/Resume that highlights one’s key achievements in areas relevant to the job
5. Job related stated qualifications and experience are the basic minimum requirements that each applicant must meet to be considered for interviewing.
6. All applicants should include daytime phone contact information.
7. Deadline for application is December 18 2019, 5 PM Cameroon Time. Applications received after the deadline will not be considered.
8. Georgetown University Center for Global Health Practice and Impact through its local entity Georgetown Global Health Cameroon is an equal opportunity employer and encourages all qualified persons to apply regardless of gender, ethnicity or any other status variable.