REPUBLIC OF CAMEROON
Peace – Work – Fatherland
MINISTRY OF HIGHER EDUCATION
COMMITTEE FOR THE ORGANIZATION
OF NATIONAL EXAMS AND COMPETITIVE.
Higher Professional Diploma Exam (HPD) 2018 Cameroon:
PRESS RELEASE N° 18/00041 MINESUP OF 17 Jan 2018.
TO LAUNCH THE JUNE – JULY 2018 SESSION OF THE HIGHER PROFESSIONAL DIPLOMA (HPD) EXAM
THE MINISTER OF HIGHER EDUCATION HEREBY ANNOUNCES AS FOLLOWS
The 2018 session of the Higher Professional Diploma Exam (HPD Cameroon) is launched with effect from the date of signature of this press release.
I – ORGANIZATION OF THE NATIONAL EXAM
The June – July 2018 session of the Higher Professional Diploma (HPD) Cameroon Exam shall take place in the one (01) centre: Bamenda. Other exams centres could be created if conditions allow.
The HPD 2018 Cameroun Higher National Diploma Examination shall be organized in two phases:
- Practical examination;
- Written examination.
However, for the conduct of the examination in some specialties, the grouping of candidates could be done in the various above-mentioned centres if infrastructural constraints so impose. The candidates concerned shall be informed in due course
II- APPLICATION MODALITIES, FEES, REQUIREMENTS AND REGISTRATION PROCEDURE FOR THE EXAMINATION.
II.l Application Modalities for HPD 2018 Cameroon
II.l.l Candidates to the HPD national exam may be either internal candidates or external candidates.
II.l.2 The status of internal candidates shall be reserved for a candidate (new or old) presented by an accredited establishment and who can show proof of two years of training in an approved HPD cycle.
II.l.3 The status of external candidates shall be reserved for a candidate who has failed once or several sessions of the HPD Cameroon exam and who is not presented by an establishment.
II.l.4 The application file shall comprise the following documents:
a) Internal candidates for HPD 2018
- A personal form filled by the candidate on the website www.e.examens.uninet.cm. this form, along with the registration number of the candidate, will have to be printed by the candidate.
- Transcripts of the first and the second year of the HPD Cameroon cycle signed by competent authorities.
- A clear certified true photocopy of the secondary school leaving diploma : Brevet de Technicien (Vocational Training Certificate), Baccalaureate, General Certificate of Education/ Advanced Level obtained in a single session in at least two subjects excluding “Religious Knowledge” or an equivalent diploma recognized by Ministry of Higher Education.
- A clear photocopy of birth certificate.
- A large self-addressed envelope stamped at the rate in force.
- A valid attestation of industrial placement.
- A receipt of the payment of registration fees for the examination to the Yaounde Public Treasury.
- A photocopy of online validation of the receipt.
- A receipt of the submission of an equivalence file (for foreign diplomas).
- The original copy of the authentication of the Baccalaureate or GCE A/L by the Cameroon Baccalaureate Board – OBC or the GCE Board
a) External candidates for HPD Cameroon 2018:
Application file to sit for the HPD exam shall include the following documents:
- A personal form filled by the candidate on the website www.e.examens.uninet.cm. this form, along with the registration number of the candidate, will have to be printed by candidate.
- A clear certified true copy of the secondary school leaving diploma : Brevet de Technician (Vocational Training Certificate), Baccalaureate, General Certificate of Education Advanced Level obtained in a single session in at least two subjects excluding Religious Knowledge or an equivalent diploma recognized by the Ministry of Higher Education.
- A photocopy of birth certificate.
- A clear self-addressed envelope stamped at the rate in force.
- A transcript showing that the candidate has previously failed the HPD (Provide a photocopy of the Transcript).
- A receipt of payment of registration fees bearing the Field, Specialty, in the name of the Financial Agent of Department of University Accreditations and Quality (DAUQ) issued by any EXPRESS – UNION Branch to the “WARDA” EXPRESS – UNION Branch in YAOUNDE.
- Only holders of the Professional Training Certificate in loose-fitting dress making shall be authorized to write the Higher National Diploma in Home Economies (ESF).
- The mark for the internship report or supervised project signed by competent authorities (for candidates who sat for the examination before 2008).
- A receipt of the submission of an equivalence file (for foreign diplomas).
II.2. Registration fees for the examination
For the 2016 session, registration fees have been fixed as follows according to the various categories:
Category A : A sum of forty seven thousand (47 000) FCFA for the following authorized Specialties:
Category B: A sum of fifty two thousand (52 000) FCFA for the following authorized Specialties:
- Legal Career.
- Dental Therapy.
- Medical Laboratory.
- Medical Electroradiology Technology.
- Pharmacy Technology.
The registration fees of any other speciality will be fixed in due time.
II.2.3 For internal candidates, the registration fees will be deposited at the Yaounde Central Treasury by heads of establishments into the account number 4504000TGY62.
II.2.4 For external candidates, registration fees will be paid at any EXPRESS UNION Branch to the “WARDA” EXPRESS – UNION Branch in YAOUNDE in the name of the Financial Agent of Department of University Accreditations and Quality (DAUQ).
II.2.5 Registration fees for the examination shall not be refundable.
III.3 Requirements and Registration procedures for the Examination
III.3.1 Only establishments with a prior authorization to open or an authorization dating 2013 will be allowed to present candidates for the current session of the Higher Professional Diploma (HPD Cameroon), in the fields, specialties or options concerned.
III.3.2 The Heads of those establishments will have to deposit all complete application files of their candidates after verification of their names, surnames, date and place of birth at the Ministry of Higher Education, Department of University Accreditations and Quality, Sub-Department of Academies Evaluations and Certifications, Service in charge of Evaluations, 13th floor, latest friday 17 March 2017.
Furthermore, second year transcripts, internship attestations, the marks awarded for the defence of internship reports, supervised projects shall be deposited with an enclosure slip by Heads of establishments concerned in the Ministry of Higher Education,Department of University Accreditations and Quality, Sub-Department of Academie Evaluations and Certifications, Service in charge of Evaluations latest Friday 05 May 2017. After this date, the application files in question will not be accepted.
III.3.3 External candidates shall submit their complete application files at the Ministry of Higher Education, Department of University Accreditations and Quality, Sub-Department of Academies Evaluations and Certifications, Service in charge of Evaluations, 13th floor, latest Friday 17 March 2017.
III.3.4 The penalty for the late submission of application files shall amount to a sum of ten thousand (10 000) CFA F per file, for files deposited between monday 20 March and Thursday 31 March 2017.
III.3.5 No files will be received after Friday 31 March 2017.
III.3.6 Holders of foreign Baccalaureates or GCE A/L will have to deposit an application for equivalence at the Ministry of Higher Education, Sub-Department of Equivalence, 13th floor.
III.3.7 All heads of establishments must imperatively authenticate their candidate’s diplomas either with the GCE Board or the Baccalaureate Board. The original of these authentications will be attached to the candidates’ file at the moment of registration for the exam.
III.3.8 All heads of establishments who have not submitted examination papers and their marking schemes for subjects relating to ail the specialities authorized and opened in their schools at the date specified in the programme will have to do s0 during registration and against signature (2 proposals per subject).
III.3.9 All teachers who set papers for practical examination for which basic equipment is required should attach an estimated cost for each candidate.
III.3.11 All Heads of establishments will have to separate Old candidates’ application files from new candidates’ application files.
IV – EXEMPTION
IV.l In accordance with the regulation in force, unsuccessful candidates, who have obtained mark(s) equal to/or above 10/20 in one or many papers for the 2016 session of the HPD exam, shall automatically keep the advantage of the above marks for the 2017 session exclusively. (This privilege is applicable in one exam session only).
However, candidates concerned who s0 desire may apply for the cancellation of this exemption. In that case, they shall obligatorily repeat the paper(s) concerned; but such candidates shall no longer solicit the taking into account of marks that have been cancelled at their request
IV.2 All claims relating to exemptions, including from external candidates, shall be submitted at the Ministry of Higher Education, Department of University Accreditations and Quality, Sub-Department of Academic Evaluations and Certifications, Service in charge of Evaluations, 13th floor, not later than friday 28 April 2017. After this date, no claim will be accepted.
IV.3 After the processing of potential cancellation applications and other claims, the final exemption lists will be available and posted at exam centres and the Ministry of Higher Education, Department of University Accreditations and Quality,· Sub-Department of Academic Evaluations and Certifications, Service in charge of Evaluations, 13th floor, on Friday 05 May 2017.
V. PUBLICATION OF LISTS OF CANDIDATES HPD Cameroon:
After the study of files, the National Committee for the Organisation of National Exams will publish the final lists of the candidates authorized to sit for the exam, as from Friday 12 May 2017. Candidates registered in fields that are not authorized by the supervisory ministry in the establishments concerned will not be allowed to take the examination.
Only the candidates who have done their online registration and and who have submitted a complete file will be allowed to sit for examination with their National Identity Card.
Any false information given by the candidate will automatically disqualify the latter and expose the defaulter and the establishment concerned to legal sanctions provided for by the regulations in force.
Interested persons should feel free to contact the Director of the Department of University Accreditations and Quality, Chairperson of the National Committee for the Organisation of HPD 2018 Cameroon – Higher Professional Diploma Exam, at the 15th floor of the Ministry of Higher Education.