Gwangju Institute of Science and Technology Scholarships For International Students 2023
Applications are now open for admission to graduate programs at the Gwangju Institute of Science and Technology for the next semester’s intakes. All admitted Korean and international students in graduate programs are awarded GIST Graduate Scholarships. Therefore, candidates willing to benefit from this scholarship should apply and get admitted to one of the university’s graduate programs.
The scholarship is fully-funded and available for studies in a wide range of programs (science, engineering and technology) offered by the university. Candidates can choose to study in a Master, PhD, or Integrated MS-PhD degree program. This is a unique opportunity for international students dreaming of studying in South Korea.
Summary of the scholarshipHost Institution(s): The Gwangju Institute of Science and Technology (GIST).
Study in: South Korea.
Level/Field(s) of study: Masters, PhD, Research
Number of Scholarships: Not specified
Funding: Fully Funded. See “Scholarship value/inclusions” section for mor details.
Target group: International students.
Deadline: April 14, 2023.
Founded in 1993 by the Korean government, the Gwangju Institute of Science and Technology (GIST) is a research-oriented university that focuses on the fields of applied science and engineering. The institute is located in Gwangju, South Korea, and is one of the leading research institutions in the country.
Level/Field(s) of study
Available programs at the School of Electrical Engineering and Computer Science, School of Materials Science and Engineering, School of Mechanical Engineering, School of Earth Sciences and Environmental Engineering, School of Life Science, Department of Physics and Photon Science, Department of Chemistry, Department of Biomedical Science and Engineering, School of Integrated Technology, Artificial Intelligence Graduate School.
GIST scholarships are open to students of all nationalities.
- Selected candidates for the GIST scholarship will have the following benefits:Tuition fully supported (All students): 3,415,000 won per semester
- Monthly Stipends (All International Students)140,000 won per month for M.S. students
- 295,000 won per month for Ph.D. students
- Meal allowance: nearly 100,000 won per month. Students should have completed at least 9 credits in the previous semester to benefit from the above stipends. A GPA of 3.0 or higher (out of 4.5) in the previous semester is required to benefit from meal allowance.
- International student allowance: 120,000 won per month. For candidates with a GPA of 3.0 or higher (out of 4.5) in the previous semester
- Research Assistantship (All students participating in research projects)5,461,249 won per year of M.S.
- 12,513,688 won per year of PhD
- Housing (All Students)
- Health Insurance (All International Students):60% of National Health Insurance is supported. Other options may exist.
- Annual medical checkup
- Flight Reimbursement (All Incoming International Students): Reimbursement for a one-way flight to Korea.
- The one-time matriculation fee of 680,000 won is charged to all newly admitted students to be enrolled. Some students may be exempt from this fee.
- To benefit from this university scholarship, applicants must get admitted to a graduate program at GIST. Therefore, applicants must:Meet admission requirements of their respective department;
- Master program applicants must be candidates who have a bachelor’s degree or will be awarded a bachelor’s degree by the first day of class or have an equivalent educational background;
- Ph.D. program applicants must be candidates who have a master’s degree or will be awarded a master’s degree by the first day of class or have an equivalent educational background;
- Meet the English language requirements (Minimum scores): 80 (TOEFL iBT), 550 (TOEFL PBT), 6.5 (Academic IELTS), 750 (TOEIC), 285 (NEW TEPS).
- All admitted graduate students at the Gwangju Institute of Science and Technology are awarded GIST scholarships. Hence, interested applicants who would like to benefit from this opportunity to study in Asia must follow the steps below to get admitted and automatically benefit from GIST scholarships.Make sure you meet your program requirements
- Prepare all required documents
- Hit the apply button below to submit the online application.
- Upload all required documents to the online application platform.
- Online Application Form. Please click on the Apply button below to create an account and access the form.
- Certified Degree/Diploma and Transcripts: A certified copy of the official degree(s) of bachelor’s and master’s (for doctoral applicants) from the institution(s) attended or attending should be submitted. Certified documents with apostille attached (or Korean embassy certificate) are preferred;
- Two Letters of Recommendation: Recommendation letters will be received directly do recommenders. Each of the two recommenders will receive an automated email instructing them on how to proceed with their recommendation letters through an online process. Request your recommendation letters as early as possible and provide your recommender with adequate time to complete them before the submission deadline. Please note that recommendation letters should be received in the system by the document submission due date;
- Scanned copy of passport;
- English test report:Minimum scores: 80(TOEFL iBT), 550(TOEFL PBT), 6.5(Academic IELTS), 750(TOEIC), 285(NEW TEPS).
- Tests must be taken within two years before the deadline date.
- Only original copies will be accepted.
- For IELTS only, photocopies will be accepted.
- The Gwangju Institute of Science and Technology code for ETS is 0144.
- Conditional Admissions (Extended of Deadline for English Proficiency Test Score Report).
- A Letter of Recommendation for Matriculation Fee Waiver. A letter of recommendation for the Matriculation Fee waiver must be issued by the chair of your last home university or department on the prescribed form (click here to download the form). This form is only for those willing to apply for the Matriculation Fee exemption.
- Certificate of English Proficiency issued by your home university (If applicable). Please click here to download the form. For more details on application documents, please click on this link.
The deadline to submit applications for the Fall Semester (starting from September 2023) is April 14, 2023. For more information on the GIST Scholarships for Graduate Students, please visit the official page.
It is important to visit the official website (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.
Official links and website
Anciennes épreuves des Concours et examens de l’écoles du Cameroun
Vous en avez assez de perdre du temps à chercher des ancienne epreuves de concours et des examens officiels. Dans ce site vous trouverez les derniers sujets des examens nationaux (G.C.E, CAP, BEPC, PROBATOIRE, BAC, BTS) et ancienne epreuve de concours d’entrée aux grandes écoles du Cameroun telles que: ENS, EAMAU , ENAM, ENIEG, IRIC, IFORD, IDE, ENSET, ESSEC, IUT, FGI, FASA, FMSB, ESSTIC, EGEM, ENSP, ENSPT en libre accès sur le web… mis à votre disposition par les étudiants en master, en doctorat et des enseignents.
⇒Annciennes épreuves de Concours
⇒Annciennes épreuves de l’examens
- Cliquez ici pour rejoindre notre groupe Telegram
- Nos différentes pages sur les réseaux sociaux :
- Facebook: Concours au Cameroun
- Twitter: Concours