PEACE – WORK – FATHERLAND
ORDER No-1900664/MINESUP/ OF July 10th, 2019
To launh the competitive entrance examination into the 1st Year of the First Cycle of the Higher Teachers’ Training College (ENS
) of the Universityof Maroua for the 2019-2020 academic year.
THE MINISTER OF STATE, MINISTER OF HIGHER EDUCATION,
ORDERS AS FOLLOWS :
A competitive written examination for admission into the 1st year of the First Cycle of the section’ for Student-Teachers of Secondary General Education in the Higher Teachers’ Training College (ENS) of the University of Maroua
is launched, for the 2019-2020 academic year, in the following series:
(1)The competitive entrance examinationis organized in a single session for Cameroonians of both sexes and who are holders of the following certificates: the GCE
Advanced Level in at least two (2) subjects including the main subject (major) of the series, and the GCE Ordinary Level obtained in one session with at least four (4) subjects including the main subject(major) of the series;the Baccalauréat
Certificate required for each series solicited;
«Religious Knowledge » shall not be taken into consideration.
(2)The table below indicates the type of GCE ‘A’ Level, the Baccalauréat and the main subject which the candidate must have passed at the GCE ‘A’ Level to be able to sit for the examination :
Article 3: (1) Foreign candidates may be authorized to sit for the examination under the same academic conditions and based on the number of places available, in conformity with the regulation in force
(2) Candidates must not be more than 28 years old as from 1st January 2019.
(3) Civil servants are not allowed to apply as external candidates.
Article 4: Candidates’ files shall comprise the following documents:l
- an application form to sit for the examination, obtainable from the Higher Teachers’ Training College (ENS, examination centres and the regional delegations for Secondary Education. It can be also downloaded from the following MINESUP Internet website: http:j jwww.minesup.gov.cm
- a certified photocopy of birth certificate, dated not more than six (6) months ago ;
- results transcripts of the GCE/OL or the Probatoire and the GCE/AL or the Baccalauréat signed or certified by the competent Examination Boards
- a certified photocopy of the GCE/AL or the Baccalauréat, or an equivalent dlploma/certlflcate recognized by the Minister of Higher Education, dated not more than six (6) rnonths ago, or a Success Testimonial signed or certified by the competent Examination Boards. Only candidates sitting for the 2019 GCE/AL or the Baccalauréat shall be authorized to write the examination awaiting the required diplomas/certificates ; however, where the case arises, their final admission shall be possible only on the presentation of proof of having obtained the required diplorna/certificate within the date limits specified by the competent authority ;
- a medical certificate issued by a medical doctor working with the Administration, testifying that the candidate is physically and medically apt to work as a teacher. Notably that he/sne has no physiological impairments especially concerning speech, hearing, sight or movement ;
- a certificate of non-conviction (bulletin n03) dated not more than three (03) months ago ;
- a receipt showing payment of the sum of twenty thousand francs (20 000) CFA F as examination fees, issued by BICEC account N° 37344672001-43. No other mode of payment shall be accepted ;
- a large envelop bearing postal stamps respecting current rates and carrying the exact address of the candidate;
- two (2) passport size (4×4) photographs ;
- an authorization from the Minister of Basic Education, the Minister of Secondary Education or the Minister of Higher Education, as the case may be, for candidates who are civil servants currently working in Ministries.
Article 5: Candidates who are holders of foreign diplomas/certificates have to present the decision of equivalence issued by the Minister of Higher Education, or the receipt for a diploma equivalence application.
Complete files shall be deposited either at the regional delegations for Secondary Education (except for Yaounde where a reception area shall be set up on the University of Yaounde 1
Campus) or at the Higher Teachers’ Training College (ENS) Maroua (Admissions Service) or the Department of Climatology, Hydrology and Pedology of the Avdanced School of Engineering of Maroua situated in Kousseri latest Friday 30th August 2019.
Article 7: (1)The examination papers will comprise the following:
- a mark for school attendance which willaccount for 30% in the overall assessment;
- two writtentests which will account for 70% in the overallassessment;
Article 8: The written examination shall be conducted on Saturday 07th september 2019 in the following centers: Bertoua, Douala, Dschang, Garoua, Maroua, Ngaoundere and Yaounde.
Article 9: (1) The written examination is organized as follows:
(2) The examination programs are those of the GCE A/L or the Baccalauréat in each specialty.
(3) Each examination paper written has a mark range from zero to twenty and is allocated the coefficients indicated above. Any mark below five on twenty shall automatically eliminate the candidate.
Article 10: The mark for school attendance shall be allocated based on the following criteria:
- the candidate’s age ;
- the number of years spent in secondary education;
- marks obtained at the GCE/Ol or the Probatoire and the GCE A/L or the Baccalauréat.
Article 11: (1) After due deliberation, the jury shall establish, according to series and in order of merit, the tentative list of candidates for final admission.
(2)The candidate’s performance in the written examination or in the final admission cannot be carried forward from one academic year to another.
(3)The final results will be published by the Minister of State, Minister of Higher Education.
Article 12: Fraudulent admission following failure to enforce the required condition for diploma, grade, age or seniority exposes the candidate concerned to automatic expulsion at any time without any due form and procedure.
Article 13: The composition of the jury cited in articles 11 above shall be establlshed in a special text by the Minister of State, Minister of Higher Education in conformity with the regulation in force.
Article 14: The examinationfees mentionedin article4 above are non-refundable.
Article 15 : The Rector of the University of Maroua, the Director for University Accreditations and Quality and the Director of the Higher Teachers’ Training College (ENS) Maroua are, each in his sphere, charged with the implementation of this order which shall be recorded and published in English and in French wherever need arises.