REPUBLIC OF CAMEROON Peace – Work – Fatherland MINISTRY OF HIGHER EDUCATION SECRETARIAT GENERAL DEPARTMENT OF UNIVERSITY ACCREDITATION AND QUALITY ORDER n° 160251 MINESUP/ SG / DAUQ / SDEAC OF 09 June 2015
To lunch the competitive entrance examination and fix the number of places into the first year of the College of Technology of the University of Bamenda
University of Bamenda Entrance 2016 University of Bamenda) for the academic year 2016/2017.
THE MINISTER OF HIGHER EDUCATION,
HEREBY DECIDES AS FOLLOWS:
A competitive entrance Examination of students into the first year of the College of Technology of the University of Bamenda has been launched for the 2016-2017 academic year in the following programs:
|S/N|| Degree Programme||No of Places|
|1||Agricultural and Environmental Engineering||50|
|2||Food Science and Technology||50|
|3||Animal Production Technology||50|
|4||Crop Production Technology||50|
The examination shall be organized in one sitting for Cameroonians of both sexes, holders of GCE
A/L or Baccalaureat
or any equivalent diploma recognized by the Ministry of Higher Education. (2)
Admission is opened to qualified candidates of both sexes and of not more than twenty eight (28) years old
on 1st January 2016. . (3)
Candidates must have the following diplomas or certificates in order to be qualified to register for competitive entrance examination:
- At least 05 papers at GCE O/L including English and Mathematics
- At least (2) two papers at GCE A/L in the Sciences, or Economics and/or Mathematics for non-science students
- Probatoire C or D and Baccalaureat C or D;
- For candidates with technical background, a pass in probatoire and baccalaureat de brevet de technicien in
related fields (Home economics, crop production animal production etc.)
- A proof of proficiency in English for non English speaking candidates.
(1) Foreign candidates may be allowed to apply in the same academic conditions according to the number of places available, in conformity with the regulations in force.
The application file shall comprise the following documents:
- A registration form to be collected from The University of Bamenda, the Delegations of Secondary Education the University of Bamenda Website: www.uniba.net
- A certified true photocopy ofthe birth certificate dated not tnore than six (6) months.
- Certified copies of transcripts of GCE O level, or Probatoire and GCE A/level or Raccalauréat.
- Medical certificate dated not more than six (6) months
- A certified true copy of CECE A/L or Baccalaureat or equivalent diploma dated not more than six (6) months.
- A certified true copy of GCE O/L or Probatoire or equivalent diploma dated not more than six (6) months.
- A medical certificate of not less than 3 months to be issued by a qualified public medical practitioner.
- A receipt upon payment of twenty thousand(20,000)FCFA as non-refundable registration fees delivered byNFC BANK SA. following thebank code branch code 00030, account number 0301640104384253 or by MTN Money or by Orange Money. No other form of payment is accepted.
- One self-addressed large envelope bearing stamps in conformity with the regulations in force.
- Four passport-size photographs.
Article 5: COLTECH University of Bamenda Entrance 2016.
(1) Holders of foreign diplomas shall submit either the equivalence or the receipt showing that they applied for the equivalence of their diplomas or certificates. The order granting equivalence and the receipt are issued by the Minister of Higher Education.
(2) The final admission of these candidates shall be confirmed only on presentation within the date limit set by the competent authorities of the text granting them equivalence.
Complete files should be submitted to the directorate of the College of Technology, The University of Bamenda and the different delegation of Secondary Education in the different regions latest 10th September, 2016
The examination shall comprise:
- Academic performance through study of file (30% oi‘the total assessment);
- Two written papers (70% of the total assessment);
The written papers will take place on the 17th September, 2016 in the four (04) Centers which are Yaounde, Buea, Douala and The University of Bamenda-Bambili Campus.
(l) The distribution of papers is indicated as follows:
Paper 1 3hrs Coef.5 (Either a)
+ b) Mathematics and Biology wtith Chemistry or with Physics
Or + b) Mathematics and Economics
Paper 2: Shrs Coef.2 (General Knowledge, French and English)
2) The syllabuses of the competitive entrance examination in each section are the same as in the (GCE A/L or Baccalaureate programmes.
The academic performance shall mostly be based on the study of
- candidates file.
- the candidate’s age.
- the number of years spent in Secondary Education.
- transcripts of the results of the GCE O/L or Probatoire, and that of GCE A/L, or Baccalaureate
The Vice Chancellor of The University of Bamenda, the Director of the College of Technology, the Director
of Higher Education Development of the Ministry of Higher Education each in his/her own sphere, are responsible for the implementation of this Order which shall be registered and published in English and French wherever necessary.