REPUBLIC OF CAMEROON
Peace- Work- Fatherland
MINISTRY OF FORESTRY AND WILDLIFE
SECRETARIAT GENERAL EDUCATION UNIT
N°. 0027 /PR/ MINFOF /SG/CE 16 March 2018PRESS RELEASENational Forestry School Mbalmayo: Forestry concours 2018-2019 Cameroon
The Minister of Forestry and Wildlife hereby informs the staff of his ministry, public and semi-public enterprises. forest companies, Cameroon-based forest-related NGO‘s. and individuals wishing to undergo training or retraining in forestry, that the competitive entrance examination into the National Forestry School Mbalmayo will be conducted on the 01, 02 and 03 August 2018 at Lycee general leclerc Yaounde and Garoua wildlife school unique centres.
The following cycles and number of places are available:
Assistant Forestry Technician (ATEF) => 75 places (02 foreigners, 05 internals)
Forestry Technician (TEF) => 75 places (02 foreigners. 05 internals).
Senior Forestry Technician (TSEF) => 75 places (02 foreigners, 05 internals)
I- CONDITIONS OF ILLEGIBILITY
The competitive entrance examination is open to Cameroonians and foreigners of both sexes who fulfill the following conditions:
1.1 EXTERNAL CANDIDATES:
1.1.1 Assistant Forestry Technician Cycle:
Be a holder of the BEPC
/OL in at least three subjects or an equivalent certificate, Age required, 17 to 29 years.
1.1.2 Forestry Technician Cycle:
Be a holder of either the “Probatoire
(C, D. E) “, GCE/AL in at least one science subject, the “Probatoire Technique or Brevet dos Techniciens” in Wood Industry or Logging (IB. EF) or an equivalent certificate. Age required. 17 to 32 years. Forestry concours 2018-2019 Cameroon.
1.1.3 Senior Forestry Technician Cycle:
Be a holder of either the Baccalauréat
(C. D, E), GCE/AL in at least two science subjects. the “Baccalauréat Technique or Brevet des Techniciens” in Wood Industry or Logging (IB. EF) or an equivalent certificate. Age required. 17 to 32 years.
1.2- INTERNAL CANDIDATES
(State employees and the forestry profession):
1 2.1-Assistant Forestry Technician Cycle:
Be a Forestry Technical Assistant (ATAEF) or agricultural technical assistant (ATAA) with at least two (2) years professional experience.Be at most 45 years on the date of the examination.
1.2.2-Forestry Technician Cycle;
Be a holder of an Assistant Forestry Technician certificate (ATEF) or an Agriculture Technicians Certificate (ATA) or an equivalent certificate with at least two (2) years professional experience.Be at most 50 years on the date of the examination.
1.2.3- Senior Forestry Technician Cycle:
Be a holder of a Forestry Technician’s certificate (TEF) or Agriculture technician‘s certificate (TA) with at least two (2) years professional experience.
Be at most 50 years on the date of the examinations.
(1) For Cameroonian civil servants, in conformity with article 13 sub 2 of decree N° 2000/696/PM of 13 September 2000 laying down the general principles for government competitive examinations, only civil servants that have worked effectively in their respective grades as of the 1st of January in the year of the competitive examination for 5 years shall be allowed to take part in this professional competitive examination for their reclassification in the Public Service.
(2) Foreign candidates not resident in Cameroon and who fulfill the above conditions (qualification and age) may be admitted upon examining the files they would have forwarded to the Minister of Forestry and Wildlife through their respective embassies or diplomatic missions in Cameroon. They should specify the source of funding to cover their expenses in Cameroon (State, public or private organization, NGO, Family, or other sources)
2- CANDIDATES FILE
Candidates complete files should be deposital at the in-coming mail office of the ministry of Forestry and Wildlife, ground floor of ministerial building N° 2. or at the Wildlife Specialist School in Garoua in the office of the Head of service for Administration and Finance, latest 29 June 2018 at 3 30 pm. The file should comprise the following documents:
- A registration form that can be downloaded from MINFOF’s web site www.minfof.cm/concours-enef-2018 or taken from the Ministry of Forestry and Wildlife when depositing your documents.
- A stamped hand writing application addressed to the Minister of Forestry and Wildlife, specifying the cycle requested.
- Three recent color passport- size photographs (4×4).
- A certified copy of birth certificate signed by an administrative or municipal authority.
- A certified copy of the required certificate.
- A medical certificate of fitness for forest work not more than three months old and signed by a medical doctor working with the administration.
- An extract of the candidates criminal record not more than three months old.
- A certified copy of ATAEF, ATAA, ATEF, ATA TEF or TA testimonial for internal candidates.
- A certificate of effective presence duly signed by the candidates boss (for internal candidates).
- An authorization signed by the Minister of Public Service and Administrative Reforms for internal candidates.
- Integration decision for internal candidates.A signed authorization and letter of sponsorship from public or semi-public establishment, forest company and NGO for their candidates.
- An authentic receipt attesting the payment of the examination fee of ten thousand francs (10 000) FCFA for external candidates and twelve thousand five hundred francs (12 500) FCFA for civil servants, candidates from public and semi- public enterprises, forest companies and NGOs.
NB: The examination fee mentioned above shall be paid against a receipt while submitting candidates files to Madame. MOUKOURI Marie Noel, Mle: 753533-Z. Assistant Research Officer at the Education Unit of the Ministry of Forestry and Wildlife, ministerial building n° 2, room 1732 at the 17th floor, for candidates wishing to submit their files in Yaounde or to the head of the service for Administration and Finance in the Garoua Wildlife Specialist School for those who wish to submit their files in Garoua.
3- EXAMINATION SYLLABUSE AND TIMETABLE ENEF 2018-2019 Mbalmayo.
3.1- Written part; Forestry Concours 2018-2019 Cameroon
3.1.1 Cycle C: Assistant Forestry Technicians
3.1.2 Cycle B1: Forestry Technicians
3.1.3 Cycle B2: Forestry Technicians
The examination syllabus shall be that of the O/L for the Assistant Forestry Technician cycle, lower sixth science for the Forestry Technician cycle and AIL sciences for the Senior Forestry Technician level for General Education and O/L and A/L Technical Education in Wood Industry.
External candidates shall be tested in Natural or Physical Sciences while internal candidates and candidates considered as such as well as graduates in forest-wood industry shall be tested in Forest Sciences.
NB. When we talk of Forest Sciences we mean: basic forest sciences (forest ecology, botany, dendrormetry). sylviculture, forest exploitation, wood industry, pisciculture, wildlife and hunting.
Language papers shall comprise a test of English for French speaking candidatesand French for English speaking candidates. It should be noted that this is not a bilingual test.
3.2- Oral Part
The oral part of the examination shall be conducted from the 19th to 21st September 2018 The oral test, which shall be assigned a coefficient of two (2), shall consist of a 15 minutes chat with the jury and only candidates who pass the written part shall take part in the orals.
The written part of the competitive entrance examination and the final results shall be published by the Minister of Forestry and Wildlife.
Don’t Forget to Follow us on Facebook and Twitter to always get the latest concours and Scholarship opportunities