Are you a young woman working or involved in the African energy ecosystem? Do you want to improve your career and take off? Are you ready to develop your leadership skills, strengthen your professional networks, capture new opportunities and demonstrate your desire to take on a greater role as a leader in this field? Then apply to the Power Africa program of the Regional Leadership Center YALI Dakar to receive vocational training targeting young women leaders in the energy sector.
Application Deadline: 13th March 2020 at 5:00 p.m. EAT
Eligible Countries: East & Central African countries (see below)
About the Award: Power Africa is a US Government initiative led by USAID that aims to double access to electricity in sub-Saharan Africa by 2030. This year, Power Africa joins the Regional YALI Leadership Center Dakar in the framework of the professional training program for a new generation of women leaders in the energy sector.
The training will focus on core leadership skills as well as entrepreneurship and public management in the energy sector.
Eligibility: Admission to the Young Women in African Power Program is merit-based and open to young East African leaders who meet the following criteria:
- Are women, 18 to 35 years of age at the time of application submission
- Must have experience working in or leading a project in the energy sector
- Are citizens and residents of one of the following countries: Burundi, Central African Republic. Republic of the Congo, Democratic Republic of the Congo, Djibouti, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Kenya, Rwanda, Somalia, South Sudan, Sudan, Tanzania,and Uganda
- Are eligible to receive any necessary visa to Kenya
- Are proficient in reading, writing, listening and speaking English
- Must have a passport valid for the period of the program
- Ability to commit to a four-week residential training program in Nairobi, Kenya
Number of Awards: Not specified
Value of Award:
- There is no fee to apply for or participate in the program.
- The program will cater for round-trip transportation to the Center, lodging, meals, and course materials for the successful participants.
- The training is residential and requires a commitment to attend all sessions in person at the Regional Leadership Center in East Africa (Nairobi, Kenya).