The Georgetown University Center for Global Health Practice and Impact (CGHPI) serves countries to improve their population health and wellbeing and to safeguard against health-related threats by advancing the use of evidence and human-centered enterprise architecture on the path towards achieving equity and social justice. To achieve this mission, we catalyze the uptake, spread, and implementation of innovations; triangulate data from different sources, and tailor visualization of the information for each audience; design and implement integrated service delivery models; support communities of practice to inform policy and practice through efficient data use and horizontal and vertical collaboration; disseminate best practices and evidence globally through open source learning networks; build global, collaborative, multi-disciplinary, and interprofessional networks; undertake research that is informed by local needs; and invest in local leadership to own, provide oversight, and sustain implemented interventions. Georgetown University, through CGHPI, has recently received an award from U.S Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (U.S. CDC) through funding from the U.S President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR) to support HIV response efforts in Cameroon for achievement of HIV epidemic control to implement a program titled Translating Data and Evidence into Impact (TIDE). As a result, CGHPI is recruiting for the following program implementation positions. All prospective candidates must be fluent in French and working knowledge of English. These positions will be based in Yaoundé or Bertoua. CGHPI is operating in Cameroon as Georgetown Global Health LLC (GGHC)
GGHC Office Positions
Program Communications Specialist
Country Program Director
This position is to coordinate communication, information, and reporting in support of the Country Program Director. The Program Communications Specialist is also responsible for coordinating the Country Program Director’s schedule, travel, visitors, appointments, and general office support.
• Manages branding and coordination of communications of, from, and about GU Cameroon projects
• Coordinating trainings, keeping training curricula, report, materials as well as ensuring all trainings have been conducted
• Support program technical teams by managing the technical assistance calendar, communicating support and programmatic needs to HQ from the Country Program Director
• Document project work plans, implement progress monitoring, report lessons learned
• In consultation with the Integrated Service Delivery Leads, troubleshoot program issues
• Ensure that program implementation follows donor and institutional policies
• Serve as a repository of information with respect to progress in delivering SOW including key lessons learned and best practices
• Prepare program plans, reports, and other working documents in collaboration with other project team members and ensure they are finalized and submitted on time
• Attend specific meetings with the Country Program Director to take notes and follow up on action items
• Be the key contact for the country office, taking requests from the HQ office, as well as field offices
• Maintain document files and important information for effective program operations
• Schedule team meetings, and produce agendas and notes for the meetings
• Draft correspondence between the Country Program Director and external partners and the HQ office
• Act as a liaison between the Country Program Director and other country support staff, such as Human Resources, Finances, and Operations
Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree
- At least 2 years of experience in a similar position in a reputable organization
- Excellent writing, organization, coordination, and communication skills
- High proficiency in computer office solutions
- Highly proficient in communicating in English and French
- High level of confidentiality
Instructions for Submitting Applications:
1. All applications should be submitted electronically to TIDECameroon@georgetown.edu
2. Applications should include 3 references that are familiar with applicant’s work experience preferably in the last 2-5 years. References should include contact information including daytime phone and e-mail address.
3. All applications should include a cover letter that details one’s suitability for the job highlighting key functional areas, expected qualifications and experiences.
4. Candidates should attach a 3-page CV/Resume that highlights one’s key achievements in areas relevant to the job
5. Job related stated qualifications and experience are the basic minimum requirements that each applicant must meet to be considered for interviewing.
6. All applicants should include daytime phone contact information.
7. Deadline for application is December 18 2019, 5 PM Cameroon Time. Applications received after the deadline will not be considered.
8. Georgetown University Center for Global Health Practice and Impact through its local entity Georgetown Global Health Cameroon is an equal opportunity employer and encourages all qualified persons to apply regardless of gender, ethnicity or any other status variable.