The Georgetown University Center for Global Health Practice and Impact (CGHPI) serves countries to improve their population health and wellbeing and to safeguard against health-related threats by advancing the use of evidence and human-centered enterprise architecture on the path towards achieving equity and social justice. To achieve this mission, we catalyze the uptake, spread, and implementation of innovations; triangulate data from different sources, and tailor visualization of the information for each audience; design and implement integrated service delivery models; support communities of practice to inform policy and practice through efficient data use and horizontal and vertical collaboration; disseminate best practices and evidence globally through open source learning networks; build global, collaborative, multi-disciplinary, and interprofessional networks; undertake research that is informed by local needs; and invest in local leadership to own, provide oversight, and sustain implemented interventions. Georgetown University, through CGHPI, has recently received an award from U.S Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (U.S. CDC) through funding from the U.S President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR) to support HIV response efforts in Cameroon for achievement of HIV epidemic control to implement a program titled Translating Data and Evidence into Impact (TIDE). As a result, CGHPI is recruiting for the following program implementation positions. All prospective candidates must be fluent in French and working knowledge of English. These positions will be based in Yaoundé or Bertoua. CGHPI is operating in Cameroon as Georgetown Global Health LLC (GGHC)
GGHC Office Positions
Field Operations Manager
Location of Work:
Yaoundé and Bertoua, Cameroon
The primary responsibility for this position is to provide consistent and quality programming logistic support services to all project staff. These services include arranging of all logistics for in-country and visiting personnel and the handling of program administrative tasks. This includes coordination for transportation, accommodation, events, and scheduling.
• Arrange all domestic and international travel for staff and visitors
• Arrange accommodation including hotel transfers for staff and visitors
• Work closely with the Training Coordinator and other technical staff to organize workshops, in terms of logistics, venue arrangement, provision of materials
• Oversee project vehicles, and ensure they are maintained in line with organization’s policies
• Facilitate settling in of project foreign staff and domestic staff who are relocated to different parts of the country
• Track staff movements
• Fleet management – supervision of drivers, vehicle management, transport allocation, and vehicle scheduling, vehicle maintenance, vehicle logs
• Fuel allocation to vehicles
• Asset and inventory management; maintaining asset register, managing office day-to-day inventory, and manage all office assets
Qualifications and Experience:
• Bachelor’s degree in Logistics, Project Management or related field
• At least 5 years of experience in a reputable organization with similar role.
• Excellent writing and communication skills
• Excellent organization and coordination skills
• Must be fluent in French and working knowledge of English
Instructions for Submitting Applications:
1. All applications should be submitted electronically to TIDECameroon@georgetown.edu
2. Applications should include 3 references that are familiar with applicant’s work experience preferably in the last 2-5 years. References should include contact information including daytime phone and e-mail address.
3. All applications should include a cover letter that details one’s suitability for the job highlighting key functional areas, expected qualifications and experiences.
4. Candidates should attach a 3-page CV/Resume that highlights one’s key achievements in areas relevant to the job
5. Job related stated qualifications and experience are the basic minimum requirements that each applicant must meet to be considered for interviewing.
6. All applicants should include daytime phone contact information.
7. Deadline for application is December 18 2019, 5 PM Cameroon Time. Applications received after the deadline will not be considered.
8. Georgetown University Center for Global Health Practice and Impact through its local entity Georgetown Global Health Cameroon is an equal opportunity employer and encourages all qualified persons to apply regardless of gender, ethnicity or any other status variable.