ties of practice to inform policy and practice through efficient data use and horizontal and vertical collaboration; disseminate best practices and evidence globally through open source learning networks; build global, collaborative, multi-disciplinary, and interprofessional networks; undertake research that is informed by local needs; and invest in local leadership to own, provide oversight, and sustain implemented interventions. Georgetown University, through CGHPI, has recently received an award from U.S Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (U.S. CDC) through funding from the U.S President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR) to support HIV response efforts in Cameroon for achievement of HIV epidemic control to implement a program titled Translating Data and Evidence into Impact (TIDE). As a result, CGHPI is recruiting for the following program implementation positions. All prospective candidates must be fluent in French and working knowledge of English. These positions will be based in Yaoundé or Bertoua. CGHPI is operating in Cameroon as Georgetown Global Health LLC (GGHC)
Location of Work: Center and East Regions
Job Overview: The facility nurse will support patient care and treatment of patients at facility level through the provision of nursing and medical care as appropriate to ensure optimized care continuum for patients.
The facility Nurse will:
• Put himself/herself entirely at the disposal of the TIDE Project to fulfill its mandate of a Nurse in his/her clinic of attachment
• Participate in all weekly data review meetings at the facility
• Participate in the review of all weekly reports and generation of quality assured weekly and monthly reports as assigned to him/her of the facility HIV care activities
• Ensure the quality of HIV care within her unit at his/her facility for persons living with HIV/AIDS are optimal and in line with national ART guideline
• Ensure assigned targets relating to HIV care at the facility are met
• Assists with submitting daily/weekly reports as required
• Perform any other duties as may be assigned by the facility CTA Coordinator as a team member
Qualifications, Skills and Specifications
• Registered Nurse, Nurse Mid-wife, preference for HIV Nurse Prescriber (HNP)
• Registered with necessary regulatory bodies
• Minimum of three (3) years working experience in HIV Care and Treatment/PMTCT programs
• Team player with good communication skills.