The Georgetown University Center for Global Health Practice and Impact (CGHPI) serves countries to improve their population health and wellbeing and to safeguard against health-related threats by advancing the use of evidence and human-centered enterprise architecture on the path towards achieving equity and social justice. To achieve this mission, we catalyze the uptake, spread, and implementation of innovations; triangulate data from different sources, and tailor visualization of the information for each audience; design and implement integrated service delivery models; support communities of practice to inform policy and practice through efficient data use and horizontal and vertical collaboration; disseminate best practices and evidence globally through open source learning networks; build global, collaborative, multi-disciplinary, and interprofessional networks; undertake research that is informed by local needs; and invest in local leadership to own, provide oversight, and sustain implemented interventions. Georgetown University, through CGHPI, has recently received an award from U.S Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (U.S. CDC) through funding from the U.S President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR) to support HIV response efforts in Cameroon for achievement of HIV epidemic control to implement a program titled Translating Data and Evidence into Impact (TIDE). As a result, CGHPI is recruiting for the following program implementation positions. All prospective candidates must be fluent in French and working knowledge of English. These positions will be based in Yaoundé or Bertoua. CGHPI is operating in Cameroon as Georgetown Global Health LLC (GGHC)
GGHC Office Positions
Job Title: Facility Doctor
CTA Coordinator/Integrated Service Delivery Team Lead
Location of Work:
Center and East Regions
To support facility in HIV care services through patient care and treatment, mentorship of all staff involved along HIV care continuum to ensure compliance to the National Guidelines and optimized Case Finding, Linkage and Retention to Treatment.
Facility Doctor will:
• Put himself/herself entirely at the disposal of the TIDE Project to fulfill its mandate of HIV care doctor in his/her clinic of attachment
• Participate in all weekly data review meetings at the facility
• Participate in the review of all weekly reports and generation of quality assured
• Ensure the quality of HIV care at his/her facility for persons living with HIV/AIDS is optimal and in line with national ART guidelines
• Ensure assigned targets relating to HIV care at the facility are met
• Oversee the activities of psychosocial workers, data clerks and all other staff under his/her authority
• Participate in advanced training programs as needed including: recognizing and managing antiretroviral drug side effects, identifying and managing of opportunistic infections, PMTCT, TB/HIV co-infection.
• Ensure timely weekly and monthly reports of the facility on HIV care activities
• Perform any other duties as may be assigned by the facility CTA Coordinator as a team member
Qualifications, Skills and Specifications
• Medical Officer with additional training including MPH
• Must have extensive knowledge in HIV care and treatment;
• At least 3-5 years’ experience in the field of HIV care and treatment;
• Demonstrated ability to transfer knowledge to diverse audiences through training, mentoring and other formal and non-formal methods.
• Registered with necessary regulatory bodies
• Team player with good communication skills.
Instructions for Submitting Applications:
1. All applications should be submitted electronically to TIDECameroon@georgetown.edu
2. Applications should include 3 references that are familiar with applicant’s work experience preferably in the last 2-5 years. References should include contact information including daytime phone and e-mail address.
3. All applications should include a cover letter that details one’s suitability for the job highlighting key functional areas, expected qualifications and experiences.
4. Candidates should attach a 3-page CV/Resume that highlights one’s key achievements in areas relevant to the job
5. Job related stated qualifications and experience are the basic minimum requirements that each applicant must meet to be considered for interviewing.
6. All applicants should include daytime phone contact information.
7. Deadline for application is December 18 2019, 5 PM Cameroon Time. Applications received after the deadline will not be considered.
8. Georgetown University Center for Global Health Practice and Impact through its local entity Georgetown Global Health Cameroon is an equal opportunity employer and encourages all qualified persons to apply regardless of gender, ethnicity or any other status variable.