The Georgetown University Center for Global Health Practice and Impact (CGHPI) serves countries to improve their population health and wellbeing and to safeguard against health-related threats by advancing the use of evidence and human-centered enterprise architecture on the path towards achieving equity and social justice. To achieve this mission, we catalyze the uptake, spread, and implementation of innovations; triangulate data from different sources, and tailor visualization of the information for each audience; design and implement integrated service delivery models; support communities of practice to inform policy and practice through efficient data use and horizontal and vertical collaboration; disseminate best practices and evidence globally through open source learning networks; build global, collaborative, multi-disciplinary, and interprofessional networks; undertake research that is informed by local needs; and invest in local leadership to own, provide oversight, and sustain implemented interventions. Georgetown University, through CGHPI, has recently received an award from U.S Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (U.S. CDC) through funding from the U.S President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR) to support HIV response efforts in Cameroon for achievement of HIV epidemic control to implement a program titled Translating Data and Evidence into Impact (TIDE). As a result, CGHPI is recruiting for the following program implementation positions. All prospective candidates must be fluent in French and working knowledge of English. These positions will be based in Yaoundé or Bertoua. CGHPI is operating in Cameroon as Georgetown Global Health LLC (GGHC)
GGHC Office Positions
Location of Work:
Yaoundé and Bertoua, Cameroon
The Program Driver role is to assist the organization with all transport-related duties. S/He responsibilities would include dropping and picking up staff, collecting various packages, and maintaining a travel log to record work hours, travel-time and locations traveled to in addition to performing the necessary routine checks on the vehicle to ensure optimal running condition and all transportation duties are carried out in a timely manner.
• Safely transporting staff as well as various products and materials to and from specified locations in a timely manner.
• Assisting with the loading and offloading of products and materials.
• Adjusting travel routes to avoid traffic congestion or road construction.
• Promptly informing the company of any tickets issued against the company vehicle during work hours.
• Ensuring that the company vehicle is always parked in areas that permit parking in order to avoid towing.
• Keeping the company vehicle clean and properly maintained by performing regular washing, cleaning and vehicle maintenance.
• Providing accurate time records of the company vehicle’s coming and goings.
• Reporting any accidents, injuries, and vehicle damage to management
Qualifications and Experience:
• A minimum of High school diploma
• Valid driver’s license.
• Sound knowledge of road safety regulations and working knowledge of local roads and routes.
• The ability to utilize maps, GPS systems, and car manuals.
• Effective communication skills.
• Clean driving record.
• Must be punctual and reliable
• Ability to communicate in French fluently.
• Ability to communicate in English will be an added advantage but not mandatory
Instructions for Submitting Applications:
1. All applications should be submitted electronically to TIDECameroon@georgetown.edu
2. Applications should include 3 references that are familiar with applicant’s work experience preferably in the last 2-5 years. References should include contact information including daytime phone and e-mail address.
3. All applications should include a cover letter that details one’s suitability for the job highlighting key functional areas, expected qualifications and experiences.
4. Candidates should attach a 3-page CV/Resume that highlights one’s key achievements in areas relevant to the job
5. Job related stated qualifications and experience are the basic minimum requirements that each applicant must meet to be considered for interviewing.
6. All applicants should include daytime phone contact information.
7. Deadline for application is December 18 2019, 5 PM Cameroon Time. Applications received after the deadline will not be considered.
8. Georgetown University Center for Global Health Practice and Impact through its local entity Georgetown Global Health Cameroon is an equal opportunity employer and encourages all qualified persons to apply regardless of gender, ethnicity or any other status variable.