The Programme for the Sustainable Management of Natural Resources – South West Region (PSMNR SWR) is a development Programme of the Cameroonian Government, co-financed by the Federal Republic of Germany. The overall goal of the program is to preserve high-value ecosystems and thereby improving the livelihood of the surrounding communities. PSMNR-SWR is in its fourth phase of implementation and is seeking to recruit an Assistant Accountant to support the Programme Accountant to improve and speed-up accounting in the Programme Coordination office.
Main tasks and responsibilities
- The Assistant Accountant shall support the Programme Accountant in the following Tasks.
- Carrying out payments of Programme expenses after thorough control and approval of invoices by the Programme Accountant;
- Daily updating of a cash book and bank book as well as daily cash control;
- Codification of invoices and invoices according to PSMNR-SWR imputation rules;
- Checking financial overviews and original invoices presented monthly by Partners for correctness and compliance with budgets;
- Entering all financial transactions in the Sun System (Programme accounting software) and preparing required reports and overviews;
- Keeping proper records of Programme equipment through an inventory list;
- Carrying out regular cash control of all Programme Partner accounts and cash-boxes;
- Purchasing Programme equipment.
Required Qualification and Experience: A-Level or preferably a Bachelor’s Degree in accounting with at least 2 years working experience.
Skills and Abilities
Computer competency including proficiency in Microsoft office Word and Excel
Meticulous, high level of integrity and honesty.
Excellent English language skills and working knowledge of French
How to apply
Applications composed of a letter of motivation, CV and work certificates from former employers in either word or PDF format should be sent to email email@example.com or be mailed to PO Box 417, Buea or deposited at the GFA office in the building of RD MINFOF in Buea during working hours on or before 30 August 2019 close of business.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.