PEACE – WORK – FATHERLAND
Launching the competitive entrance examination into Year One of the First Cycle of the Higher Teacher Training College (ENS) of Bertoua, and defining the number of places opened for the 2019/2020 academie year.
THE MINISTER OF STATE, MINISTER OF HIGHER EDUCATION,
Mindfulof the Constitution;
ORDERS AS FOLLOWS:
Article 1: A competitive entrance examination into Year One of the First Cycle of the Higher Teacher Training College (ENS) of Bertoua for the 201912020 academie year has been launched in the following series:
Article 2: The examination shall be organised in one sitting and is open to Cameroonians of both sexes, not more than 28 years old by January 1 st, 2019, and holders of the “Baccalauréat” or GCE A/L that matches the desired series.
For candidates of the angle-saxon subsystem, the entrance exam is open to holders of the GeE A/L in at least two (2) subjects including “French,” and at least four (4) papers in the GCE O/L obtained in one seating excluding “Religious Knowledge”.
The series “Techniques of Specialised Languages” is open to holders of the “Baccalaureat” and the GCE AIL, irrespective of the candidate’s series. The subject “Religious Knowledge” is not taken into consideration.
The Bilingual Letters series in Bertoua shall be open only to holders of GCE A/L and of the “Baccalaureat ABI” who fulfill the rest of the conditions stipulated in the present decision.
The table below specifies the series of “Baccalaureat” and the subjects candidates
must pass in the GCE AIL to be qualified to register for the competitive entrance examination ln a grven series:
Article 3: (1) Foreign candidates may be allowed to sit for the examination, under the same academie conditions and according to the number of places available, in conformity with the regulations in force.
(2) Candidates who are civil servants shall not be eligible to write the competitive entrance examination as external candidates.
(3)Candidates who are fraudulently admitted without fulfilling the stipulated conditions of basic certificate, grade or age limit, shall be subject to instant dismissal at any moment without any formal procedure.
Article 4: The application files shall comprise the following documents:
- A registration form available at ENS, Regional Centers, the ENS official website ensconcour.uiver-ndere.cm
- A certified photocopy of the birth certificate which must not be more than three (3) months old from the date of issue;
- Certified true copies of the Probatoire or GCE O/L transcripts and Baccalaureat or eqivalent signed or certified by the competent boards as well as results slips;
- certified true copy of the Baccalaureat or GCE A/L or equivalent diploma which must not be more than three (3) months old from the date of issue. Candidates preparing for the Baccalaureat or GCE A/L for the 2019/2020 session shall present their diploma in due time;
- A medical certificate issued by a medical officer of the Public Administration, testifying that the candidate is physically and medically fit for teaching.It should Particularly specify that the candidate does not suffer from serious physiological deficiencies in his diction, hearing, sight and mobility;
- A certificate of non-conviction which must not be more three (3) months old from the date of issue;
- A receipt of twenty thousand (20 000) FCF A as registration fee issued by SOCIETE GENERALE CAMEROUN account N°CM2110003 00900 22090784104 86 . No other form of payment is accepted;
- One A4 self-addressed (machine-stamped) envelope;
- Two coloured, recent passport-size (4X4) photographs;
- An authorisation to sit for the exam issued by the Minister of Basic Education, the Minister of Secondary Education or the Minister of State, Minister of Higher Education for candidates working in these Ministries.
Article 5: Holders of foreign diplomas shall submit either the equivalence or the receipt showing that they applied for the equivalence of their diplomas or certificates. The order granting equivalence and the receipt are issued by the Minister of State, Minister of Higher Education. The final admission of these candidates shall be confirmed only upon presentation, within the deadline set by the competent authorities, of the text granting them equivalence.
Article 6: AlI the complete files must be deposited at the Head Office of the Higher Teacher Training College (ENS) of Bertoua, or in the Regional Delegations of MlNESEC, at the latest on October 18,2019.
Article 7: The examinationcomprisestwo parts:written papersand file study.
- Written papers (one major and one minor) account for 70% of the total assessment;
- File study accounts for 30% of total assessment;
- No oral exam.
Article 8: The written papers will take place on October19, 2019 in thefollowing examination centers: Bafoussam (IUT -Fotso Victor de Bandjoun), Bamenda (Delegation, of Secondary Education Up-Station), Bertoua (ENS Bertoua and Lycée Scientifique), Douala (ESSEC), Ebolowa (ENS ET) , Garoua (Lycée Classique et Moderne), Maroua (Collège de l’Espoir), Ngaoundéré (Lycée Classique et Moderne) and Yaoundé (ENS Yaoundé and Faculty of Sciences).
Article 9: The scheduling of papers per series is indicated in the following table:
The syllabuses of the competitive entrance examination in each section are the same as in the Baccalaureat or GCE AIL programmes for each series
Marks for each paper of the written test ranged from zero to twenty according to the aforementioned coefficients. Any candidate who scores less than five on twenty shall be disqualified.
Article 10 The assessmentof candidates’files will be based on:
- the relevanceof the candidate’sacademie profile
- the candidate’sage;
- the number of years spent in secondary education,
- marks scored in the “Probatoire”or GCE O/L and in the “Baccalauréat” or GCE AIL
Article 11: After the written paper, the jury shall prepare the list of successful candidates per series and by order of merit. The final results will be published by the Minister of State, Minister of Higher Education. Successful candidates cannot, under any circumstance, postpone their registration to the following academie year.
Article 12: The jury’s make-up mentioned in article Il above shall be specified by the Minister of State, Minister of State, Minister of Higher Education in conformity with the rules and regulations in force.
Article 13: Registration fees mentioned in article 4 above are non-refundable.
Article 14: The Rector of the University of Ngaoundéré, the Director of the Department of University Accreditations and Quality, and the Coordinator of the Higher Teacher Training College of Bertoua are responsible, each in hislher own capacity, for the implementation of this circular which shall be registered and published in English and French