REPUBLIC OF CAMEROON
ORDER No-1900664/MINESUP/ OF July 10th, 2019
To launch the competitive entrance examination into Year one of the first cycle of the Higher Teacher Training College (ENS), University of Yaoundé I, for the 2019/2020 academie year.
THE MINISTER OF STATE,
THE MINISTER OF HIGHER EDUCATION
Mindful of the Constitution;
Mindfulof Law N° 2001/005 of 16th April 2001 to set up Higher Educationorientation;
Mindful of Decree N° 88/1328 of 28th September 1988 to organise the Higher Teacher Training College; Mindful of Decree N° 93/026 of 19th January 1993 to set up Universities;
Mindfulof Decree N° 93/036 of 29 January 1993 to set up administrative and academic organisation in the University of Yaounde 1 ;
Mindfulof Decree N° 2005/342of 10thSeptember2005 to modify and to completecertain dispositions of
Decree N° 93/027 of 19th January 1993 to set up general disposition for the universities; Mindful of Decree N° 2018/190 of 02nd March 2018 to complete certain dispositions of Decree N°2011/408 of 09thDecember 2011 to organize the government;
Mindfulof Decree N° 2018/191 of 02nd March 2018 to reshuffle the government;
Mindfulof Decree N° 2019/002 of 04 January 2019 to reshuffle the Government;
Mindful of Decree N° 2012/433 of O’l ” October 2012 to organize the Ministry of Higher Education; Mindful ofOrder N° 19/00054/MINESUP/SG/DAUQ/SDAC/SE of27 February 2019 to organize the calendar for competitive entrance examinations into Faculties, Schools and Institutions of Cameroon State Universities for 2019-2020 academie year
Mindfulof Circular N° 004/CAB/PM of 10 February 2000 concerning the admission into national training institutions and the recruitment into the Public Service.
ORDERS AS FOLLOWS:
Article 1: A competitive entrance examination into year one of the first cycle of the Higher Teacher Training College (ENS), University of Yaoundé I, for the 2019/2020 academie year has been launched in the following series:
(2) In the Biologie, Chimie, Informatique, Mathématiques and Physique series, candidates from the section classes scientifiques spéciales, regularly registered for the academie year 2018-2019, will benefit for 10% of the places offered in the entrance examination for their admission into ENS.
Article 2: (1) The examination shall be organised in one sitting to Cameroonians of both sexes who are holders of “Baccalauréat” or GCE/AL requested in subsequent series.
“Langues et cultures camerounaises” series and the “Lettres bilingues” series are opened to holders of GCE/AL in at least two (2) subjects including “French” and at least four (4) GCE/OL subjects excluding “Religious Knowledge”.
The “Lettres bilingues” series shall be opened only to holders of Baccalaureat ABI or GCE/AL who fulfil the rest of the conditions stipulated in the present decision.
The table below specifies the series of “Baccalauréat” and the subjects candidate must pass, in the GCE A/L, to be qualified to register for the competitive entrance examination in a given series:
(2)”Langues et cultures camerounaises” serie is opened to holders of GeE AIL in at least two (2) subjects including “French” and at least four (4) GCE OIL subjects excluding ‘Religious Knowledge’ .
Article 3: (1) Foreign candidates may be allowed to sit for the examination, under the same academie conditions and according to the number of places available, in conformity with the regulations in force.
(2) Candidates who are not civil servants must not be more than 28 years old by January
Article 4:The application files shall comprise the foIlowing documents:
- A registration form available at ENS, Regional Centres, the MINESUP website http://www.minesup.gov.cm and ENS website http://www.ens.cm.
- A certified photocopy of the birth certificate which must not be more than six (6) months old from the date of issue;
- Photocopies oftranscripts of Probatoire or GCE O/L and Baccalauréat or GCE AIL signed or certified by the competent boards as weIl as results slips;
- A certified true photocopy of Baccalauréat or GCE AIL or equivalent diploma which must not be more than six (6) months old from the date of issue. Candidates preparing for the Baccalauréat or GCE A/L for the 2015/2016 session shaIl present their diploma in due time ;
- A medical certificate issued by a medical officer, from the Administration, testifying that the candidate is physically and andidate does not suffer from serious physiological deficiencies in his diction, hearing, sight and mobility;
- A certificate of non-conviction which must not be more th an six (6) months old from the date of issue;
- A receipt of twenty thousand (20,000) CF A as registration fee issued by BICEC aeeount N° 10001-06865-95647265002-11. No other form of payment is accepted;
- One A4 self-addressed stamped envelope;
- Two passport-size photographs;
- An authorisation to sit for the examination issued by the Minister of Basic Education, the Minister of Secondary Education or the Minister of Higher Education for candidates working in these Ministries.
Article 5: Holders of foreign diplomas shall submit either the equivalence or the receipt showing that they applied for the equivalence of their diplomas or certificates. The order granting equivalence and the receipt are issued by the Minister of State, the Minister of Higher Education. The final admission ofthese candidates shall be confirmed only upon presentation, within the dateline set by the competent authorities, of the text granting them equivalence.
Article 6: Complete files should be submitted to ENS (Admission Office) latest July 13th, 2019 and July 06th, 2019 for Regional centres.
Article 7 : The examination shall comprise:
- Academie performance (30% of the total assessment);
- Two written papers (60% of the total assessment); c. An oral test (10% ofthe total assessment).
The academie performance will be taken into account after the oral test, for final admission only.
Article 8: The written papers will take place onJuly 27th, 2019 in the following examination centers: Bafoussam, Bambili, Bertoua,Buea, Douala, Ebolowa, Garoua, Maroua, Ngaoundere, Yaoundé.
Article 9: The distribution of papers per series is indicated in the following table:
The syllabuses of the competitive entrance examination in each section are the same as in the Baccalauréat or GCE AIL programmes.
Marks for each paper of the written test range from zero to twenty according to the above-mentioned coefficients. Any candidate who scores less than five on twenty shall be disqualified.
The jury shall publish the list of successful candidates in the written exam per section and in alphabetical order. These candidates shall then proceed with the oral test.
Article 10 : The oral test is only for successful candidates in the written papers. It will take place
exclusively in YAOUNDE. Questions will coyer two areas namely: General Knowledge and Bilingual Training. The oral test aims at assessing the candidate’s ability to communicate in French and English in general and especially in pedagogie communication.
Article 11 : The academie performance will mostly be based on:
- the candidate’s age;
- the number of years spent in Secondary school ;
- marks obtained in Probatoire, GCE O/L and in Baccalauréat or GCE AIL.
Article 12 : 1) After the oral test, the jury shall prepare the list of successful candidates per series and in order of merit for publication by the Minister of State, the Minister of Higher Education.
Article 13: The composition of the jury mentioned in the above articles is specified by the Minister of State, the Minister of Higher Education.
Article 14: Registration fee is not refundable.
Article 15 : The Rector of the University of Yaoundé I, the Director of the Department of University Accreditations and Quality, and the Director of the Higher Teacher Training College, each in his/her own sphere, is responsible for the implementation of this decision, which shall be registered and published in English and French wherever necessary.