REPUBLIC OF CAMEROON
Peace – Work – Fatherland
MINISTRY OF HIGHER EDUCATION
DEPARTMENT OF UNIVERSITY ACCREDITATIONS
PRESS RELEASE N° 19-00526 / MINESUP /SG/DAUQ/SDEAC/SE OF 11 June 2019.
To Launch the Competitive Entrance Examination into the Professional Bachelor’s Degree Cycle In National Tourism Guidance, in Management of Tourism and Hotel Business Establishments and in Development and Touristic Management of Territories of the Department of Tourism and Hotel Business in the Faculty of Arts, Letters and Social Sciences of the University of Yaoundé I, for the academic year 2019-2020.
THE MINISTRY OF HIGHER EDUCATION
Hereby announces as follows:
A written and oral Competitive Entrance Examination into the Professional Bachelor’s Degree Cycle In National Tourism guidance, in Management of tourism and hotel business establishments and in Development and touristic management of territories of the Department of Tourism and Hotel Business in the Faculty of Arts, Letters and Social Sciences (FALSS) of the University of Yaoundé 1, for the academic year 2019-2020, has been launched in the unique centre of Yaounde from 24 and 25 July 2019 for the written part and 31st July 2019 for the oral part.
The number of available places is as follows:
- National Tourism Guidance: 10 places; l
- Management Tourism and Hotel Establishments: 30 places;
- Development and Touristic Management of Territories: 10 places.
A – Conditions to be fulfilled
Appplicants may be
- Cameroonians of both sexes with a sound knowledge of english and french who are holders of either a DEUG in social sciences (anthropology, archaeology, geography, history, art history, sociology, etc.) or in languages (German, english, Spanish, french, etc.) for the National Tourism Guidance specialization and Development and Touristic Management of Territories; or a BTS (HND) or a DEUG in hotel business, catering, tourism, economics, management, marketing, etc.) for the Management of Tourism and Hotel Business establishments specialization, as well as any other certificate recognized by the Ministry of Higher Education as an equivalent of the aforementioned certificates.
- Foreigners who fulfilled the required academic conditions for admission into professional bachelor’s degree cycle in Tourism and Hotel Business in the University of Yaounde I
B – Applications files
Completed applications files should be deposited at the student’s records office of the Faculty of Arts, Letters and Social Sciences (FALSS) of the University of Yaounde I latest by 23 July 2019.
They should imperatively comprise the following documents:
- an individual application form to be collected from the student’s records office of FALSS or downloaded from the website of MINESUP whose address is: www.minesup.gov.com
- a written and stamped application;
- a certified true copy of the required certificates not more than 3 months old or a certified true copy of an attestation of level or the equivalent issued by the Ministry of Higher Education.
- a legalized extract of the birth certificate not more than 3 months old.
- an attestation of presentation of the original of the required certificates.
- transcripts of the first and second years of higher education certified by the head of the establishment.
- a school attendance testimonial or an attestation from the applicants employer.
- one medical certificate.
- two passport sizes (4 x 4) photographs (affix one on the first page of the application files and write the name and first name at the back of the second):
- a self addressed stamped (a the current rate) envelope.
- the receipt showing payment of the sum of 20 000 CFA francs been registration fee for the competitive entrance examination issued of the Faculty of Arts, Letters and Social Sciences (FALSS) of the University of Yaounde I services. Registration fee shall be non-refundable.
C – The examination
The competitive entrance examination shall comprise the following papers:
Gencral knowledge (duration: 3 hours, coefficient: 2)
English (duration: 3 hours, coefficient: 2)
French (duration : 3 hours, coefficient : 2)
An oral test (coefficient: 4) after the written papers.
D – Admission
Candidates shall be admitted into the Tourism and Hotel Business Professional Bachelor’s Degree according to the number of available places to be competed for, provided they shall have obtained a general average of at least 10/20
The final results shall be published by the Ministry of Higher Education, on the recommendation of an admission jury whose compositions shall be determined according to the regulations in force.