Peace – Work – Fatherland
MINISTRY OF HIGHER EDUCATION
DEPARTMENT OF UNIVERSITY
ACCREDITATIONS AND QUALITY.
HTTC ENS Bambili Entrance 2018-2019 year one First Cycle Higher Teacher Training College Bambili University of Bamenda Concours MINESUP
ORDER N° 18/00026 /MINESUP / OF 30 AOUT 2018.
To launch the competitive entrance examination and to fix the number of places into year one of the First Cycle of the Higher Teacher Training College Bambili, the University of Bamenda, for the 2018-2019 academic year.
THE MINISTER OF HIGHER EDUCATION,
Mindful of the Constitution.
Mindful of law no 005 of 16 April 2001 bearing on the orientation of Higher Education;
Mindful of decree no 93/026 of 19th January, 1993 to set up Universities.
Mindful of decree no 93/027 of 19th January, 1993 fixing Common dispositions in State Universities.
Mindful of decree no 2010/371 of 14th December,2010 creating the University of Bamenda.
Mindful of decree no 2010/372 of 14th December, 2010 upgrading ENSAB into Higher Teacher
Training College (HTTC ENS) and Higher Technical Teacher Training College (HTTTC ENSET).
Mindful of decree no 2011/045 of 08th March, 2011 to organise the University of Bamenda Bambili.
Mindful of decree no 2011/319 of 30th September 2011 appointing the Vice Chancellor of the University of Bamenda.
Minfful of decree no 2011/408 Of December 9th, 2011 to Organise the Government.
Mindful of decree n° 2011/410 of December 9th , 201 1 to appoint members of Government.
Mindful of decree no 2012/366 of 6th August 2012 appointing the Director of Higher Technical Teacher Training College.
Mindful of decree no 2012/433 of 1st October, 2012 to organise the Ministry of Higher Education;
Mindful of order no 17/0056/MINESUP Concours/SG/DAUQ/SDEAC/SE of 22 February 2018 fixing the calendar of the competitive entrance examination into Schools and Faculties of State Universities for the 2018-2019 academic year.
HEREBY ORDERS AS FOLLOWS:
A competitive entrance examination into year one of the First Cycle of the Higher Teacher Training College Bambili, the University of Bamenda, for the 2018/2019 academic year has been launched in the following Departments and in accordance with the number of places available as shown in the table below:
- The examination shall be organised in one sitting to Cameroonians of both sexes, holders of GCE/AL, in at least two (02) subjects including the major subject of the Department or Baccalauréat or any equivalent diploma recognised by the Ministry of Higher Education and of GCE/OL in at least four (4) subjects including the major subject of the Department.
- The Bilingual Letters department shall be opened for holders of Baccalauréat A4 with an average of at least 12/20 in English, or GCE/ AL in English Literature and with at least a “C” grade in French, fulfilling the rest of conditions stipulatec 1/3 in the present ministerial order.
- The table below shows the subject a candidate must pass in the GCE A/L or the Baccalauréat to be qualified to register for the Common Entrance Examination for a given Department:
Foreign candidates may be authorised to sit for the examination under the same academic conditions depending on the number of places available and in conformity with the regulations in force.
Candidates who are not civil servants must not be more than 30 years old on January 1st, 2018. No exception shall be granted.
The application files shall comprise the following documents:
- A registration form to be collected from HTTC, the Regional Delegation of Secondary Education or the website OF MINESUP: http://www.minesup.gov.cm.
- The pre-registration can be done on line on the Higher Teacher Training College website: www.httc-registration.unibda.net.
- A typed certified true copy of the birth certificate dated not more than six (6) months.
- A photocopy of the birth certificate.
- The GCE results slip for the Ordinary and Advanced Levels.
- A certified true copy of GCE/OL or Probatoire certificate dated not more than six (6) months.
- A certified true copy of GCE /AL or Baccalauréat or equivalent diploma dated not more than six (6) months. Candidates preparing for the GCE/AL or Baccalauréat for 2018 session shall present their diploma in due course.
- A certificate of non-conviction dated not more than three months;
- A receipt upon payment of twenty thousand (20,000) FCFA as examination registration fees delivered by NFC BANK S.A: ACCOUNT No 10025 00030 37170307961 71 or HTTC Bambili MOBILE MONEY ACCOUNT No . No other form of payment is accepted.
- One self-addressed large envelope bearing postal stamps in conformity with the regulations in force;
- Two passport-size photographs.
- An authorisation to sit for the examination issued by the Minister of Basic Education, the Minister of Secondary Education or the Minister of Higher Education for candidates working in those Ministries.
Holders of foreign diplomas shall submit either the equivalence or the receipt showing that they applied for the equivalence of their diplomas or certificates. The order granting equivalence and the receipt are issued by the Ministry of Higher Education.
The final admission of these candidates shall be confirmed only on presentation within the date limit set by the competent authorities of the text granting them equivalence.
Complete files should be submitted to HTTC (Admissions Office) Bambili and the ten (10) Regional Delegations of Secondary Education latest on Friday 5th October 2018.
The examination shall comprise:
- Study of Academic file (30% of the total assessment).
- One written paper with Section 1 for Major and Section 2 for Minor; (60% of the total assessment).
- An oral test (10% of the total assessment).
The academic performance will be taken into account after the oral test, for final admission only.
The written papers will take place on Saturday 13th October, 2018 in the following Examination Centers: Bafoussam, Bambili, Bertoua, Buéa, Douala, Ebolowa, Garoua, Maroua, Ngaoundéré and Yaoundé.
The written paper shall comprise 40 (Forty) Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ)in Section 1 for Major and 20 (Twenty) in Section 2 for Minor in the following fields per Department as indicated in the table below:
The syllabus es of the competitive entrance examination in each section are the same as in the GCE A.L. or Baccalauréat programmes
Calculators and cell phones shall not be authorised in the examination halls. Defaulters shall be immediately expelled from the examination halls
Marks for the written test shall range from zero to forty (0 – 40) for section 1 (Major) and from zero to twenty (0 – 20) for section 2 (Minor).
The Jury shall publish the list of successful candidates in the written subjects per Department and in alphabetical order. These candidates shall then proceed to the oral test.
The oral test is only for successful candidates in the written subjects. It will take place in the BAMBILI Centre exclusively. Questions will cover two areas namely, General Knowledge and Bilingualism.
The academie performance will take into consideration:
the candidate’s age;
the number of years spent in Secondary Education;
GCE O/ A Levels Results Slips or relevés de notes for Probatoire and Baccalauréat
After the oral test, the Jury shall prepare the list of successful candidates per Department and in order of merit for publication by the Minister of Higher Education.
The composition of the Jury mentioned in articles 12 (2) and 15 is specified by the Minister of Higher Education.
Registration fees stipulated in Article 4 are not refundable.
The Vice Chancellor of The University of Bamenda, the Director of University Accreditations and Quality, and the Director of the Higher Teachers’ Training College Bambili, each in his own sphere, are responsible for the implementation of this Order which shall be registered and published in English and French wherever necessary.