MINISTRY OF HIGHER EDUCATION
DEPARTMENT OF UNIVERSITY
ACCREDITATION AND QUALITY.
DECISION No. 18/00611 /MINESUP/SG/DAUQ/ of 27 JUIL 2018.
To launch the Competitive Entrance Examination into the first year of the Faculty of Engineering and Technology (FET) of the University of Buea, for the 2018/2019 academic year. FET Buea Entrance 2018-2019 Concours FET University of Buea.
THE MINISTER OF HIGHER EDUCATION,
of the constitution of law no 2001/005 of 16th April 2001 on the orientation of Higher Education.
of Decree no 2011/408 of 09th December 2011 to organize the government.
of Decree no 2011/410 of 09th December 2011 to appoint members of Government.
of Decree no 2012/433 of 1st April 2012 to organize the Ministry of Higher Education.
of Decree no 92/074 of 13th April 1992 to transform the Buea and Ngaoundere University Centres into Universities. FET Buea Entrance 2018-2019 Concours FET University of Buea.
of Decree no 93/027 of 19th January 1993 to define common dispositions applicable to Universities, modified and completed by decree no 2005/342 of 10th September 2005.
of Decree no 93/034 of 19th January 1993 to organize the University of Buea.
of Decree no 2012/333 of 29th June 2012 appointing a Vice-Chancellor and Rectors in some State Universities.
of Decree no 2012/333 of 29 June 2012 appointing persons in State Universities.
of Decree no 2012/366 of 06th August 2012 appointing persons in State Universities;
of Decree no 2013/089l/PM of 12th March 2013 appointing persons in the Ministry of Higher Education.
of Decree no 2014/545 of 1oth December 2014 to appoint the Director of the FET Buea Entrance 2018-2019 Concours FET University of Buea.
of Arrête no 17/0056/ MINESUP /SG/ DAUQ /SDEAC /SE of 22 February 2018 fixing the calendar of the competitive examinations into the Cameroon State Universities, for the 2018-2019 academic year.
DECIDES AS FOLLOWS:
Article 1: A Competitive Entrance Examination for the selection of one hundred and fifty (150) students for admission into the first year of the Faculty of Engineering and Technology (FET) of the University or Buea on the 6th September 2018, for the 2018/2019 academic year.
Article 2: The Competitive Entrance Examination shall be open to Cameroonians and foreigners of both sexes who fulfill one of the following sets of admission requirements:
- GCE O/L General Certificate of Education Ordinary Level in at least five subjects including English language, Mathematics, and Physics; and General Certificate of Education Advanced Level in at least two subjects including physics and mathematics; or
- General Certificate of Education Technical Ordinary and Advanced Levels in relevant subjects or
- Baccalauréat C, D, F2, and F3 or
- Any other certificates recognised as equivalent by the Minister of Higher Education.
Complete application files must include the following documents:
- an application form to be completed by the applicant;
- Certified true copy of the candidate’s birth certificate not less than three (3) months old;
- four (4) recent passport-size photographs (4cm x 4cm);
- photocopies of the relevant academic certificates indicated in Article 3 above;
- receipt of payment of 10000FCFA (ten thousand francs) for the examination, payable to the University of Buea account.
- Application forms and supporting documents is always available at the Universities of Buea, Maroua, and Ngaoundere and at branches of PresBook in Bamenda, Douala, and Yaounde.
Article 5: Application Procedure: Candidates are required to apply online at the University of Buea website www.ubuea.cm The online application will only be validated after payment of an examination fee of CFAF 20 000 (twenty thousand francs) in the following account: Banque Atlantique, Account N° 10034-00040-94063630002-30.
Article 6: The examination wili take piace in four centres which include Buea, Bamenda, Douala and Yaoundé.
Article 7: The closinq date for online application is 5th September 2018.
Article 9: The venues of the various centres and the examination schedu!e will be specified subsequently by a press release made by the Vice-Chancellor of the University of Buea.
Article 10: Candidates are required to be at the examination centre at least one hour before the beginning of the first paper. They are requested to come along with their National identity Cards.
Article 11: The Vice-Chancellor of the University of Buea, the Director of University Accreditation and Quality and the Dean of the Faculty of Engineering and Technology of the University of Buea shall be responsible, each in his/her own sphere, for the implementation of this decision which shall be registered and published wherever necessary.