REPUBLIC OF CAMEROON
MINISTRY OF HIGHER EDUCATION.
National qualifying medical training Exam Cameroon 2018-2019: Entrance Examination.
ORDER N° 18/00383 /MINESUP/ OF 30 May 2018.
To launch the National qualifying examination for medical training in Cameroon for the academic year 2018-2019.
HEREBY ORDERS AS FOLLOWS:
A National qualifying examination for the admission of nine hundred and sixty (960) students into the first year of medical, pharmaceutical and odonto-stomatological studies in State faculties and authorized private institutions of higher education is hereby launched for the academic year 2018/2019, according to the following distribution:
2. Each candidate shall first choose to sit either for admission in only one institution and one field of study.
3. Papers of the abovementioned examinations shall be written in Cameroon State Universities on Friday 21st September 2018
- Admission into the first year of training of medical doctors in public and private Institutions of Higher Education shall be open to Cameroonian of both sexes and shall be written in one session.
- Foreign candidates whose applications are forwarded through diplomatic channel may also be admitted through the study of file, within the limits of places available.
- Eligible candidates for the entrance into first year shall be aged twenty three (23) years at most as at 1 January of the year of the examination.
The national qualifying examination shall be reserved for holders of the following certificates:
- Baccalaureat of the General Secondary Education in series C or D.
- General Certificate of Education passed according to specified requirements and in the following subjects: GCE Advanced Level in Biology and Chemistry, GCE Ordinary level in Biology, Chemistry and Physics or Mathematics.
Any other certificate recognized as equivalent by the Minister of Higher Education.
A candidate shall only sit for three successive competitive examinations.
(1) Complete application files shall be comprise of the following documents:
- An individual information sheet duly filled by the candidate to be downloaded from the sites www.concours-médecine.uninet.cm and www.minesup.gov.cm . The form, bearing an identification number shall be printed by the candidate.
- A certified true copy of the birth certificate of less than 6 months.
- A certified true copy of the required certificate for the national examination.
- 4 colour passport size photographs with the names of the candidate at the back.
- A medical certificate attesting that the person concerned is fit to study medicine.
- A Baccalaureat or GCE/AL transcript.
- A Probatoire or GCE /OL transcript.
- The receipt of payment of the sum of twenty thousand (20,000) CFAF as registration fees for the examination, bearing the field of study, to the address of the Financial Agent of the Department of University Accreditations and Quality (DAUQ), issued from any Express Union branch to Express Union Warda Branch, Yaounde.
- Two stamped self-addressed envelopes.
(2) Complete application files shall be deposited latest on Friday 07th September 2018 in the following institutions:
- Faculty of Medicine and Biomedical Sciences of the University of Yaounde I.
- Faculty of Medicine and Pharmaceutical Sciences of the University of Douala.
- Faculty of Health Sciences of the University of Bamenda.
- Faculty of Health Sciences of University of Buea.
- Faculty of Sciences of the University of Dschang.
- Higher Teachers’ Training School of the University of Maroua.
- Faculty of Science of the University of Ngaoundere.
- Governor’s Office Bertoua, East Region; kamerpower.com
- Governor’s Office Garoua, North Region.
- Branch of the Faculty of Agronomy and Agricultural Sciences of the University of Dschang, Ebolowa.
(1) Only candidates who have registered online shall deposite their complete application file shall in the above institutions.
(2) These candidates should be authorized to write with their national identity card.
Examination centres shall be created by a press release by the Minister of Higher Education.
- Each candidate shall deposit his/her file in one of the above institutions.
- Each candidate should compulsorily sit for the examination in the centre attached to the place where he/she submitted his/her file.
The examination shall consist of:
1.A paper on the study of academic record:(coefficient 1)
Written papers : (coefficient 4)
2. A paper on general knowledge (coefficient 1).
The study of academic record (coefficient 1) shall take into consideration:
Results of the Probatoire or GCE /OL.
Results of the Baccalaureat or GCE/AL.
1. The written examination shall consist of the following papers for a duration of three hours:
2. Each paper for the written examination shall be graded from zero (0) to one hundred (100). Any mark lower than twenty (20) scored during the written paper shall be eliminatory.
3. The national examination programme shall be that of the baccalaureat in series D or C or GCE/AL in biology, chemistry and physics.
National qualifying medical training Exam Cameroon
The general knowledge paper shall focus on general knowledge, logic and French or English.
After the study of files and at the end of the written examination, the jury appointed by the Minister of Higher Education shall draw a list of successful candidates in the national qualifying examination by order of merit.
The final results shall be published through a press release by the Minister of Higher Education according to quotas defined by article 1 of this Order.
In any case, admission cannot be deferred from one year to another.
Heads of State University Institutions, Heads of Institutions authorized to offer medical training and the Director of University Accreditations and Quality of the Ministry of Higher Education are responsible, each in his own sphere, for the implementation of this Order which shall be registered and published everywhere need arises.