LGTC CEFAM Buea Entrance 2018-2019 first year Cycle 1
MINISTRY OF TERRITORIAL ADMINISTRATION
LGTC CEFAM Buea Entrance 2018-2019 first year Cycle 1 Local Government Training Centre (CEFAM Buea).
ORDER No 029 /O/MINATD/DCTD of 22 May 2018.
TO LAUNCH A COMPETITIVE ENTRANCE EXAMINATION FOR THE ADMISSION OF NINETY FIVE (95) TRAINEES INTO THE FIRST YEAR OF CYCLE 1 OF THE LOCAL GOVERNMENT TRAINING CENTRE.
THE MINISTER OF TERRITORIAL ADMINISTRATION AND DECENTRALISATION,
MINDFUL of the Constitution.
MINDFUL of Decree No. 77/494 of 07 December 1977 to set up and organize the Local Government Training Centre (CEFAM), BUEA, as amended and supplemented by Decrees Nos. 78/461 of 24 October 1978 and 81/383 of31 August 1981.
MINDFUL of Decree No. 2011/410 of 09 December 2011 to appoint the Government of the Republic of Cameroon.
MINDFUL of Decree No. 20051104 of 15 April 2005 to organize the Ministry of Territorial Administration and Decentralisation MINATD Cameroon;
Considering the need for trained personnel in councils.
HEREBY ORDERS AS FOLLOWS:
A competitive entrance examination for the admission of ninety five (95) trainees into the first year of Cycle 1 of the Local Government Training Centre (CEFAM Buea) , Buea, is hereby launched in the following specializations:
GENERAL ADMINISTRATION: 40 places.
COUNCIL FINANCE AND TREASURY MANAGEMENT: 30 places.
MANAGEMENT OF TECHNICAL AND SOCIAL SERVICES: 25 places.
1) This competitive entrance examination is open to all Cameroonians who are
- Holders of the General Certificate of Education GCE, Advanced Level, Baccalauréat, or any other certificate recognized as equivalent. They must not be more than 35 years of age on 1st January 2018 and should be sponsored by councils wishing ta use their services after the training;
- Holders of the CEFAM Cycle II Diploma who equally hold a General Certificate of Education.Ordinary Level, BEPC certificate, CAP certificate, or any other certificate recognized as equivalent. They must not be more than 40 years of age on 1st January 2018.
- Holders of the CEFAM Cycle II Diploma, who show proof of working in a council for five years, after obtaining the Diploma. They must not be more than 40 years of age on 1st January 2018.
2) Notwithstanding the provisions on line 1 above, candidates for cycle 1, “Management of Technical and Social Services” are expected to have a background in technical education or the Sciences.
This competitive entrance examination shall be held from August 02 and 03, 2018 in the following centres:
iv. Garoua.Candidates should indicate their specified writing venues.
The list of qualified candidates shall be communicated by radio, posted up at CEFAM, at the Ministry of Territorial Administration and Decentralisation and at the Regional and Divisional Headquarters.Candidates shall arrive at the examination Centre at least 30 minutes before the beginning of each paper. They shall bring along their National Identity Cards and writing materials. Writing sheets shall be supplied at the examination Centres.
(1) Complete application files, which shall be received up till the deadline of 29th June, 2018, inCEFAM Buea, shall comprise the following documents;
- A hand-written and signed application bearing a 1000 Frs. fiscal stamp. The application should contain the name(s), date and place of birth, full address of the candidate, the specialisation chosen, and an indication of the documents attached:
- A curriculum vitae signed by the candidate;
- A certified copy of birth certificate signed by administrative or council authority.
- A certified copy or copies of required certificate(s).
- A certificate of non -conviction dated not more than three months.
- An attestation of presentation of the original of certificates.A 20,000 (twenty thousand) francs bieng registration fees, CEFAM account n 0886 544 2000/25, at BICEC – BUEA.
- A medical certificate of not more than 3 months old signed by a public service doctor certifying that the candidate is free of any contagious disease.
- An attestation from the employer authorising the candidate to sit for the examination.
2) The registration fees mentioned in article 4 (1 7)can be paid in any BICEC branch in the same account.
3) Late or incomplete application files shall be rejected.
The subjects for the examination are annexed to this order and shall be marked on a scale of 0 to 20. Any candidate who scores less than five (05) in a subject shall be eliminated; A score of twelve on twenty (12/20) shall be the minimum pass mark.
The final results of successful candidates shall be published by an Order of the Minister of Territorial Administration and Decentralisation.
Candidates who are foreign nationals may, where the need arises, be admitted after a study of their files, following conditions laid down by the Minister of Territorial Administration and Decentralisation.
This Order shall be registered, published according to the procedure of urgency, and inserted in the Official Gazette in English and French.