REPUBLIC OF CAMEROON
Peace – Work – Fatherland
MINISTRY OF HIGHER EDUCATION
DEPARTMENT OF UNIVERSITY
ACCREDITATION AND QUALITY.
Concours FGI of Douala 2018 first year Faculty of Industrial Engineering (FGI) of the University of Douala.
PRESS RELEASE n° 18/00362 MINESUP/ SG /DAUQ /SDEAC OF 23 May 2018.
To lunch the competitive entrance examination into the (1st) first year of the Faculty of Industrial Engineering (FGI of Douala) of the University of Douala for the academic year 2018/2019.
THE MINISTER OF HIGHER EDUCATION ANNOUNCES THAT:
Students on waited results may apply, Holders of baccalaureate of series C, D, E, F and BT, General Certificate of Education Advanced level Obtained in at least two of the following subjects: applied mathematics, physics, and chemistry and All equivalent diplomas recognised by the Ministry of Higher Education, are hereby informed that a competitive entrance examination for the recruitment of 250 (two hundred and fifty) students into the first year of the Faculty of Industrial Engineering (FGI) of the University of Douala, is launched in Bamenda, Bandjoun, Douala, Garoua and Yaoundé centres.
The written examination consists of the following papers, Mathematics and Physics for four hours each. The programme is based on the syllabus of “Lower” and “Upper” Sixth of Government High, Technical Schools and Colleges in the following series C, D, E, F and BT and GCE-A/level in (physics and mathematics). There will be no oral exams.
The application file of the candidates must contain the following documents:
- An individual registration form to be completed online at website: www.fgi-ud.org. The completed form shall be printed accompanied by a 1000 francs fiscal stampand be duly completed and signed by the candidate.
- A certified true photocopy of birth certificate not older than three months.
- A certified true photocopy of “Baccalaureate or GCE-A/L certificate or slip in scientific subjects or equivalence diplomas recognised by the Ministry of Higher Education
- A certified true photocopy of “probatoire” or GCE O/L certificate or slip in at least four scientific subjects.
- A medical certificate not older than three months issued by a state medical practitioner testifying that the candidate is fit for higher Education;
- Four (4) recent passport size photographs of the candidate with names written behind.
- An A4 format self-addressed envelope bearing a 400 FCFA postal stamp with candidates’ address on it.
The candidates for the competitive entrance examination into the first year must not be more than twenty nine (29) years old on January 1st 2018.
The registration fees for the entrance examination is Twenty Thousand (20000) Francs CFA payable at the UBA bankAccount n° 0100500000287 of the Faculty of Industrial Engineering of the University of Douala or through the services of Express Union to the same account in towns where UBA is not present; against a bank receipt which is obligatory included in candidates’ file.
The registration fee is not reimbursable. It is destined to cover charges generated as the result of the organisation of the entrance examination.
All complete application files must be deposited at the admissions office of the Faculty of Industrial Engineering (FGI) of the University of Douala, B.P.2701 DOUALA, not later than Tuesday 19th June 2018.
Only candidates, who deposit complete application files, will be authorised to write, after a proof of a national identity card duely presented to the invigilator before entering the examination hall.
The written examination will take place on Sunday the 24th June 2018 in the Centres indicated above.