Chevening Scholarships are awarded to outstanding emerging leaders to pursue a one-year master’s at any UK university from 144 countries
and territories to undertake postgraduate study or courses in universities in the United Kingdom. Funding for the scheme comes from the British Foreign and Commonwealth Office. The scholarship programme provides a unique opportunity for future leaders, influencers, and decision-makers from all over the world to develop professionally and academically, network extensively, experience UK culture, and build lasting positive relationships with the UK.
Any university in the UK
Level/Field(s) of study:
Masters Degree Programme in any subject at any UK university
Number of Awards:
Around 1500 scholarships globally will be offered.
The scholarships are targeted to citizens of Chevening-eligible countries. See the official website for complete list of countries eligible for Chevening scholarships.
A Chevening Scholarship normally covers university tuition fees, a monthly stipend, travel costs to and from the UK, an arrival allowance, a homeward departure allowance, the cost of one visa application, and a travel grant to attend Chevening events in the UK.
To be eligible for a Chevening Scholarship you must:
• Be a citizen of a Chevening-eligible country.
• Return to your country of citizenship for a minimum of two years after your scholarship has ended
• Have an undergraduate degree that will enable you to gain entry to a post-graduate programme at a UK university. This is typically equivalent to an upper second-class 2:1 honours degree in the UK
• Have at least two years’ work experience
• Apply to three different eligible UK university courses and have received an unconditional offer from one of these choices by 13 July 2017
• Meet the Chevening English language requirement by 13 July 2017
Applications are currently closed for 2017.
Applications for Chevening Awards can only be submitted using the Chevening online application system, available through the ‘apply’ button on your country’s page. Applications close on 8 November 2016 at 12:00 GMT (midday UK time).
It is important to visit your individual country page at the official website for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.
Applications are currently closed
Deadline: Nov (annual)
Study in: UK
Course starts Sept/Oct 2017
Official Scholarship Website: http://www.chevening.org/