The Vanier Canada Graduate Scholarships (Vanier CGS) were created to attract and retain world-class doctoral students and to establish Canada as a global centre of excellence in research and higher learning. The scholarships are towards a doctoral degree (or combined MA/PhD or MD/PhD).
International scholarship is open to anyone who wants to pursue his/her PhD programs (or combined MA/PhD or MD/PhD) in health research; natural sciences and/or engineering research; and social sciences and/or humanities research at Canadian Universities.
There are a lot of open applications which you can apply; Vanier Canada Graduate Scholarships in Canada is one of them.This scholarship is open to Canadian citizens, permanent residents of Canada and foreign citizens.The scholarship is worth $50,000 per year for three years.
To be considered for a Vanier CGS, you must:
- Be nominated by only one Canadian university, which must have received a Vanier CGS allocation;
- Be pursuing your first doctoral degree (including joint undergraduate/graduate research program such as MD/PhD, DVM/PhD, and JD/PhD – if it has a demonstrated and significant research component). Note that only the PhD portion of a combined degree is eligible for funding.
- Intend to pursue, in the summer semester or the academic year following the announcement of results, full-time doctoral (or combined MA/PhD or MD/PhD) studies, and research at the nominating university; Note that only the PhD portion of a combined degree is eligible for funding.
- Have completed no more than 20 months of doctoral studies as of May 1, 2017.
- Have achieved a first-class average, as determined by your university, in each of the last two years of full-time study or equivalent. Candidates are encouraged to contact the university for its definition of a first-class average; and
- Not have already received a doctoral-level scholarship or fellowship from CIHR, NSERC, or SSHRC to undertake or complete a doctoral degree.
Note: Candidates must be nominated by a Canadian Institution with a quota at which they want to study.
Applications are initiated in one of two ways:
- Either the student informs the faculty of graduate studies at the selected institution of their intent to apply to the Vanier CGS program OR
- The institution initiates the nomination process by contacting the desired candidate.
Note: Candidates cannot apply directly to the Vanier CGS program.
The deadline to apply for these scholarships is 2nd November 2016.
Those interested in this program should visit the official website to access the application form and to know the complete details on how to apply for this scholarship.
Now that all the information about international scholarship with High Potential Scholarship at the Canadian Universities has been delivered nicely; Canadian citizens and foreign citizens of all nationalities who are eager to pursue their PhD degree program in health research; natural sciences and/or engineering research; and social sciences and/or humanities research can apply.