PEACE – WORK – FATHERLAND.
MINISTRY OF HIGHER EDUCATION
DEPARTMENT OF UNIVERSITY.
ACCREDITATIONS AND QUALITY
ORDER N°.18160498 / MINESUP / OF / 13 July 2016
To launch the Competitive Common Entrance Examination for admission into the B.Sc. programmes in Midwifery
in the (FHS University of Buea
) Faculty of Health Sciences of the University of Buea and to fix the number of places available for the 2016-2017
academic year. .
THE MINISTER OF HIGHER EDUCATION:
of the constitution.
of law no 005 of 16th April 2001 on the orientation of Higher Education.
of decree n° 2004/320 of 08’h December 2004 to organize the government.
of decree n° 2004/3 22 of 08th December 2004 to appoint the members of government.
of decree n° 2005/ 142 of 29″‘ April 2005 to organize the Ministry of Higher Education.
of decree n° 92/074 of 13th April 1992 to transform the Buea and Ngaoundere University Centres into Universities. Midwifery FHS University of Buea Entrance 2016-2017.
of decree n° 93/034 of 19 January 1993 to organize the University of Buea
of decree n° 2012/333 of 29 June 2012 to appoint the Vice-Chancellor of the University of Buea.
of the Memorandum of understanding between theMinistry of Public Health
and the Ministry of Higher Education MINESUP
on the designation of the University of Bueà as an Academic Mentor for midwifery Schools in Cameroon
of 13th July 2016
On the Proposal of the Vice-Chancellor of the University of Buea.
HEREBY ORDERS AS FOLLOWS:
The Entrance Examination for the admission of 40 (forty) students into the first year of the Bachelor of Science degree programmes in Midwifery in the FHSFaculty of Health Sciences of the University of Buea for the 2016-2017 academic year will take place onFriday 09th and Saturday 10th September 2016 at the FHS Faculty of Health Sciences campus of theUniversity of Buea
The entrance examination into the Bachelor of Science degree programme in Midwifery is opened to all Cameroonian and foreign candidates who are holders of: .
- The State Registered Midwife Certificate with GCE ordinary level passed in five papers (English language, Biology, and Mathematics inclusive) and at least two G.CE. Advanced Level papers, one of which must be Biology.
- The Baccalaureat series C or D, and the Probatoire certificate series C or D. .
- The G.C.E. Advanced Level ‘in at least two relevant subjects (Biology and Chemistry), and the G.CE. Ordinary Level in at least five subjects in one session including English Language and Mathematics
- Holders of equivalent qualifications as determined by the Minister of Higher Education are eligible to apply.
The completed application files which must be received at the Registrar’s Office, University of Buea, Po. Box 63 Buea by Friday 25th August 2016 should comprise the following documents: .
- A completed application form obtainable from the office of the Registrar, University of Buea, upon presentation of a bank receipt of 20,000 FCFA addressed to the “The Accounting Officer, University of Buea.” This sum of money is payable to the following University of Buea bank account:BICEC Buea Account No.100010 6842 98394742001-23. .
Registration fees are not refundable.
The application form is also available on the Web Site of the Ministry of Higher Education, www.minesup.gov.cm. or https://./
- a certified-true copy of their birth certificate dated no more than six months.
- 2 recent passport size photographs.
- certified-true copies of certificates/diplomas
- copies of transcripts (for candidates with the Baccalaureat certificates).
Incomplete files will not be considered.
The entrance examination will cover topics treated at the G.C.E. Ordinary, G.C.E. Advance Level and the Baccalaureat in the following areas: .
- BiologyCoef 3 .
- ChemistryCoef 2
- Physics/Midwifery scienceCoef 2
- Use of EnglishCoef 2
- Oral ExaminationCoef 1
A study of the candidate’s academic background (quality of certificates and ‘transcripts presented) shall constitute 40% (forty per cent) of‘ the. total ‘marks of the entrance examination. The written and oral examinations shall carry the remaining 60% (sixty per cent).
Candidates writing the entrance examination for the Midwifery
Science degree programmes should be at the Faculty of Health Sciences Campus of theUniversity of Buea
at least one hour before the start of the first subject, .
with their National identity cards or valid passports. No other form of identification will be accepted.
The expenditure resulting from this decision will be charged to the budget of the University of Buea; budgetary charge 620903 for the 2016 financial year.
The Vice-Chancellor of the University of Buea, the Director of University Accreditations and Quality and the Dean of the Faculty of Health Sciences are each entrusted with the implementation of this decision which shall be registered and published in English and French wherever necessary.