REPUBLIC OF CAMEROONPeace – Work – Fatherland. MINISTRY OF HIGHER EDUCATIONDEPARTMENT OF UNIVERSITYACCREDITATIONS AND QUALITY.
ORDER N° 160660 /MINESUP / OF 25 JULY 2016
To launch the Competitive Entrance Examination into Year One of the Second Cycle of the Higher Technical Teacher Training College (H.T.T.T.C.), University of Bamenda, for the 2016-2017 academic year. (HTTTC ENSET Bambili Bamenda Concours).
THE MINISTER OF HIGHER EDUCATION,
Mindful of the Constitution.
Mindful of law no 005 of 16 April 2001 bearing on the orientation of Higher Education.
Mindful of decree no 93/026 of 19th January, 1993 to set up Universities.
Mindful of decree no 93/027 of 19th January, 1993 fixing Common dispositions in State Universities.
Mindful of decree no 2010/371 of 14th December,2010 creating the University of Bamenda.
Mindful of decree no 2010/372 of 14th December, 2010 upgrading ENSAB into Higher Teacher Training College (HTTC ENS) and Higher Technical Teacher Training College (HTTTC ENSET).
Mindful of decree no 2011/045 of 08th March, 2011 to organise the University of Bamenda Bambili.
Mindful of decree no 2011/319 of 3oth September2011 appointing the Vice Chancellor of the University of Bamenda.
Minfful of decree no 2011/408 Of December 9th, 2011 to Organise the Government.
Mindful of decree n° 2011/410 of December 9th , 201 1 to appoint members of Government; .
Mindful of decree no 2012/366 of 6th August 2012 appointing the Director of Higher Technical Teacher Training College.
Mindful of decree no 2012/433 of 1St October, 2012 to organise the Ministry of Higher Education;
Mindful of order no 15/0045/MINESUP Concours/SG/DAUQ/SDEAC/SE of 11 February 2016 fixing the calendar of the competitive entrance examination into Schools and Faculties of State Universities for the 2016-2017 academic year.
HEREBY ORDERS AS FOLLOWS:
A Competitive Entrance Examination into year one of the second cycle of the Higher Technical Teacher Training College (H.T.T.T.C.), University of Bamenda, (HTTTC ENSET BambiliBamenda Concours) for the 2016-2017 academic year has been launched
- The examination shall be organised in one sitting for Cameroonians of both sexes, following the conditions stipulated below:
Section of Teacher’s grade II
Candidates must be ”holders of Licence or Bachelor’s Degree in a field related to the corresponding department, or any equivalent diploma recognised by the Minister of Higher Education.
Section of Teacher Trainers
Candidates must be civil servants of primary education and holders of Bachelor’s Degree or any equivalent diploma recognised by the Minister of Higher Education.
- Foreign candidates maybe authorised to sit for the examination in the same academic conditions according to the number of places available, in conformity with the regulations in force.
- Candidates who are not civil servants shall not be older than 32 on January 1st 2015. No exemption shall be granted. .
- The table below shows the required diplomas or certificates a candidate must have, to be qualified to register for the competitive‘entrance for a given department:
- Foreign candidates may be authorised to sit for the examination in the same academic conditions according to the number of places available, in conformity with regulations in force.
- Candidates who are not civil servants shall not be older than 32 on January 1st 2016. NO exemption shall be granted.
The application files shall comprise the following documents:
- A registration form to be collected fromT.T.T.C ENSET Bambili, the Regional Delegations of the Ministry of Secondary Education, Government Technical High Schools of Cameroon, the website ofMINESUP www.minesup.gov.cm, and the website of the University of Bamenda www.unibda.net orhttp://www.ensetbambili.org; .
- A certified true photocopy of thebirth certificate dated not more than six (6) months.
- transcripts oflevels I, II, and III of “Licence” or Bachelor’s Degree signed or certified by the competent academic authorities.
- certified true copy of “Licence”, Bachelor Degree or equivalent diploma dated not more than six(6) months; .
- medical certificate issued by-a medical officer from the Administration testifying that the candidate is physically and medically fit for teaching. It should particularly specify that the candidate does not suffer from serious physiological deficiencies in his diction, hearing, sight and motricity.
- A certificate of non-conviction dated not more than three months.
- A receipt upon payment of twenty thousand (20,000) CFA as registration fee delivered byBICEC BANK Account number:10001 06845 52084345003 29 OR National Financial Credit (NFC): 10025 00030 17301017333 84. No other form of payment shall be accepted; .
- One self-addressed large envelope bearing postal stamps in conformity with the regulations in force.
- Two passport-size photographs.
- An authorisation to sit for the examination issued by the Minister of Basic Education, the Minister of Secondary Education, the Minister of Higher Education for candidates working in those Ministries, or the Minister of Public Service for other civil servants
- Holders of foreign diplomas shall submit either the equivalence or the receipt showing that they applied for the equivalence of their diplomas or certificates. The order granting equivalence and the receipt are issued by the Minister of Higher Education.
- The final admission of these candidates shall be confirmed only on presentation within the date limit set by the competent ,authorities‘of the text granting them equivalence.
Complete files should be submitted to H.T.T.T.C Bambili(Admission Office) or the Regional Delegations of the Ministry of Secondary Education latest on Wednesday 31st August, 2016.
(1) The selection through the written examination based on Multiple Choice Questions and an oral test, shall comprise the following components:
- One written paper based on Multiple Choice Questions (70% of the total assessment).
- Academic performance (20%of the total assessment).
- An oral test (10% of the total assessment). .
- The written papers will take place onSaturday 17th september 2016 at 08 a.m, in the following examination centers: Bafoussam, Bambili, Bertoua, Buea, Douala, Ebolowa, Garoua, Maroua, Ngaoundere, Yaounde. The distribution of papers per Department is indicated in the table below:
- The syllabuses of the competitive entrance examination are the same as in the Baccalauréat or GCE programs and the University programs for each of the options above.
- Marks for each paper of the written test are ranged from zero to twenty according to the above-mentioned coefficients. Any candidate who scores less than five out of twenty shall be disqualified.
- The jury shall publish the list of successful candidates in the written papers per section and in alphabetical order. These candidates shall then proceed with the oral test.
The oral test is only for successful Candidates in the written paper. It will take place in BAMBILI exclusively. Questions will cover two areas namely, General Knowledge and Bilingual Training. The oral test aims at assessing the Candidate’s ability, to communicate in French and English in general and especially in pedagogic communication.
The academic performance will mostly be based on:
- the candidate’s age; .
- the number of years spent in University for the first Degree.
- transcripts of Year I, II, and III “Licence” or level 200, 300, and 400 of the First Degree in majors.
- transcripts of year 1, II, III, IV and V for Engineers or Masters in Agronomy
After the oral test, the jury shall prepare the list of succesful candidates per series and in alphabetical order for publication bythe Minister of Higher Education. .
The composition of the jury mentioned in the above articles is specified by the Minister of Higher Education in conformity with the rules and regulations in force.
Registration fees as stipulated in Article 3 are not refundable.www..
The Vice Chancellor of the University of Bamenda, the Director of University Accreditations and Quality, and the Director of the Higher Technical Teacher Training College ENSET HTTTC Bambili, each in his/her own sphere, are responsible for the implementation of this order which shall be registered and published in English and French Wherever necessary