ENS Yaounde Concours 2016-2017.
REPUBLIC OF CAMEROON
ORDER N° 160653 / A / MINESUP /OF 25 JULY 2016
To launch the competitive entrance examination into year one, first cycle of the Higher Teacher Training College (ENS Yaounde), University of Yaoundé I, for the 2016-2017 academic year.
THE MINISTER OF HIGHER EDUCATION
Mindful of the Constitution.
of Law n 005 of 16 April 200 1 toset up Higher Education orientation.
of Decree n088/1328 of 28 September 1988 to organise the Higher Teacher Training College.
of Decree n 93/026 of 19 J anuary 1993 to set up Universities.
of Decree n° 93/036 of 29 January 1993 to set up administrative and academic organisation in the University of Yaounde I.
of Decree n° 2005/142 of 29 April 2005 to organise the Ministry of Higher Education.
of Decree n° 2005/342 of 10 September 2005 to modify and to complete certain dispositions of decree n° 93/027 of 19 January 1993 to set up general disposition for the universities.
of Decree n” 2009/008 of 12 January 2009 to appoint officials in the State Universities.
of Decree n° 2011/408 of 09 December 2011 to organize the Government. ENS Yaounde concours 2016-2017.
of Decree n° 2011/410 of 09 December 2011 to appoint members of Government.
of Decree n° 2012/333 of 29 June 2012 to appoint a Vice-Chancellor and Rectors of certain.
of Decree n° 2012/366 of 06 August 2012 to appoint officials in the State Universities.
of Decree n° 2012/433 of 01 October 2012 to organize the Ministry of Higher education.
of Decree n° 2013/0891/PM of 12 March 2013 to appoint officials in Ministry of Higher education.
of Order n° 15/0045 / MINESUP / SGIDAUQ / SDEAC / SE of the 10 February 2016 to set up the calendar for competitive examinations into the institutions of Cameroon state universities, in the course of the academic year 2016-2017.
Article 1 : ENS Yaounde concours 2016-2017.
A competitive entrance examination into year one of the first cycle of the Higher Teacher Training College (ENS), University of Yaoundé I for the 2016/2017 academic year has been launched in the following series:
||Nombre de places
|Langues et culture camerounaises
|Lettres modernes françaises
(1) The examination shall be organised in one sitting for Cameroonians of both sexes who are holders of “Baccalauréat”.
“Langues et cultures camerounaises” series and the “Lettres bilingues” series are opened to holders of GCE A/L in at least two (2) subjects including “French” and at least four (4) GCE O/L subjects excluding ‘Religious Knowledge’.
The “Lettres Bilingues” series shall be opened only to holders of GCE A/L who fulfill the rest of the conditions stipulated in the present decision.
The table below specifies the series of “Baccalauréat” and the subjects candidate must pass, in the GCE A/L, to be qualified to register for the competitive entrance examination in a given series
||Type of back or subject
||C ou D
||C ou D
||A4 (Allemand ou Espagnol)
||A4 (Allemand ou Espagnol)
||C,D,E,F ou TI.
|Langues et culture camerounaises.
||A4 (Allemand ou Espagnol) et A2, French for GCE AL.
||French for GCE AL
||A4 (Allemand ou Espagnol) et A2.
|Lettres modernes françaises
||A4 (Allemand ou Espagnol).
||C,D,E, ou TI.
||C ou D.
- Foreign candidates may be allowed to sit for the examination, under the same academic conditions and according to the number of places available, in conformity with the regulations in force.
- Candidates who are not civil servants must not be more than28 years old by January 1er 2016.
The application files shall comprise the following documents:
- A registration form available atENS, at each examination Centre, on the website of MINESUPhttp://www.minesup.gov.cm and on the website ofENS http://www.ens.cm ; or .
- A certified photocopy of birth certificate which must not be more than six (6) months old from the date of issue.
- Photocopies of transcripts of Probatoire or GCE O/L and Baccalauréat or GCE A/L signed or certified by the competent boards as well as results slips.
- A certified true photocopy of Baccalauréat or GCE A/L or equivalent diploma which must not be more than six (6) months old from the date of issue. Candidates preparing for the Baccalauréat or GCE A/L for the 2015/2016 session shall present their diploma in due time.
- A medical certificate issued by a medical officer, from the Administration, testifying that the candidate is physically and medically fit for teaching. It should particularly specify that the candidate do es not suffer from serious physiological deficiencies in his diction, hearing, sight and mobility ;
- A certificate of non-conviction which must not be more than three (3) months old from the date of issue;
- A receipt upon payment of twenty thousand (20,000) CFA as registration fees delivered by BICEC accountN° 95647265002. No other form of payment shall be accepted.
- One A4 self-addressed stamped envelope.
- Two passport-size photographs.
- An authorisation to sit for the examination issued by the Minister of Basic Education, the Minister of Secondary Education or the Minister of Higher Education for civil servants working in these Ministries
Holders of foreign diplomas shall submit either the equivalence or the receipt showing that they applied for the equivalence of their diplomas or certificates. The order granting equivalence and the receipt are issued by the Minister of Higher Education. The final admission of these candidates shall be confirmed only upon presentation, within the dateline set by the competent authorities, of the text granting them equivalence.
Complete application files should be submitted at ENS(Admission Office) latest 23th August 2016 and 19th August 2016 for Regional centres. .
The examination shall comprise:
- Academic performance (30% of the total assessment).
- Two written papers (60% of the total assessment).
- An oral test (10% of the total assessment).
The academic performance will be taken into account after the oral test, for final admission only
The written part of the examination will take place on 10th September 2016 in Bafoussam, Buea, Douala, Ngaoundéré and Yaoundé.
The syllabuses of the competitive entrance examination in each section are the same as in the Baccalauréat or GCE A/L programmes. Marks for each paper of the written test range from zero to twenty according to the above-mentioned coefficients. Any candidate who scores less than five on twenty shall be disqualified.
The jury shall publish the list of successful candidates in the written exam per section and in alphabetical order. These candidates shall then proceed with the oral test.
The oral test which is only for successful candidates in the written papers shall take place exclusively in YAOUNDE. Questions will coyer two areas namely, General Knowledge and Bilingual Training, The Oral test aims at assessing the candidate’s ability to communicate in French and English in general and in pedagogie communication in particular.
The academie performance will mostly be based on:
- the candidate’s age.
- the number of years spent in Secondary school.
- marks obtained in Probatoire, GCE O/L and in Baccalauréat or GCE A/L.
After the oral test, the jury shall prepare the list of successful candidates per series and by order of merit. The final results will be published by the Minister of Higher Education.
The composition of the jury mentioned in article above shall be specified by the Minister of Higher Education in conformity with the rules and regulations in force.
Registration fee is non refundable.
The Rector of the University of Yaoundé I, the Director of University Accreditations and Quality, and the Director of theHigher Teacher Training College (ENS Yaounde I) are responsible, each in his own domain, for the Implementation of this circular which shall be registered and published in English and French wherever need be