ORDER N°-=-/MINESUP OF 10 JULY 2019.
THE MINISTEROF STATE, MINSTER OF HIGHER EDUCATION,
ORDERS AS FOLLOWS:
Article 1: A written competitive entrance examination into year one of the Second Cycle of the Higher Teacher Training College (HTTC) of The University of Bamenda in Bambili for the 2019/2020 academie year has been launched in the following departments and in accordance with the number of places available as shawn in Table 1 below:
(1)The Competitive Entrance Examination shall be organised in one sitting to Cameroonians of both sexes following the minimum admission qualifications stipulated below:
- General Teacher Education (DIPES II) Section: Candidates must be holders of a Baehelor Degree or Licence in the teaching subject of the department, Bachelor of Education (B.Ed) or Licence en Sciences de l’Education in the teaching subject of the department. For the department of Philosophy candidates should be holders of a Bachelor Degree in Philosophy, Psychology, Anthropology and/or Sociology, or Theology.
- Teacher- Trainer (DIPEN II) Section: Candidates must be holders of a Bachelor of Education (B.Ed) Degree or Licence en Sciences de l’Education or any Bachelor Degree or License;
- Counsellor Education (DIPCO II) Section: Candidates must be holders of a Baehelor Degree or Licence in Guidance & Counselling, Psychology, Educational Psychology, Special Education, Sociology, Anthropology, Science of Education, or Nursing.
(2)An equivalent diploma recognised by the Ministry of Higher Education and relevant to the department of the eandidate’s interest may be considered. Each candidate must consult Table 2 below to determine his or her eligibility prior to undertaking the registration process.
(3)Holders of foreign diplomas/certificates shall be eligible only if they submit either the equivalence or the receipt showing that they have applied for the equivalence of their diplomas or certificates. The order granting equivalence and the receipt are issued by the Ministry of Higher Education. The final admission of such candidates shall be confirmed only on presentation of the text granting them equivalence, within the deadline set by the competent authorities.
(4)Foreign candidates may be authorised to sit the examination under the same academie conditions depending on the number of places available and in conformity with the regulations in force.
(5)Candidates who are civil servants shall not be eligible to write the competitive entrance examination as external candidates.
(6)Candidates shall not be older than 32 years of age on 01 January 2019.
(7)Candidates who are fraudulently admitted without fulfilling the stipulated conditions of basic entry certificate, grade, age limit or longevity, shall be subject to instant dismissal at any moment without any formaI procedure.
Article 3: The application file shall comprise the following documents:
- The Registration Form to be filled by the candidate online at http://www.httcbambili.net
- A typed certified true copy of the birth certifieate dated not more than six (06) months;
- A photocopy of the birth certificate;
- Transeripts of levels l, II and III of the Bachelor Degree or Licence results certified by the competent aeademic authority of the candidate’s University;
- A certified true copy of the Baehelor Degree or Licence or any equivalent diploma reeognized by MINESUP dated not more than six (06) months;
- A medieal certificate issued by aState medical officer testifying to the candidate’ s physical fitness to teach.
- A certificate of non-conviction dated not more than three (03) months;
- A receipt upon payment of twenty thousand (20,000) FCF A as non-refundable examination
- Registration fee issued by NFC BANK S.A.: Account N° 0301730101738719 or MTN Mobile Money (HTTC Bambili MTN MOBILE MONEY Account). No other form of payment shall be accepted!
- Two passport-size photographs;
- An attestation of, or receipt showing their applicatiIon for equivalence for candidates with a foreign Certificate
Article 4: Complete files should be submitted to HTTC (Admissions Office) Bambili or designated deposit Centres in each of the ten Regional capitals latest Wednesday, 09 October 2018.
(1)The examination shall comprise one written paper and a study of the candidate’s academie profile.
(2)The written paper of four (04) hours shall consist of four (04) sections:
a)Section 1 comprising 40 MCQs on the major discipline of the department (40%);
b)Section 2 comprising 20 MCQs on minor discipline(s) of the department (20%);
c)Section 3 comprising 20 MCQs on General Knowledge and Bilingualism (20%).
d)Section 4 comprising one (01) structured essay question on the major discipline of the department (10%).
(3)The syllabuses of the written examination are the same as for the Bachelor Degree or Licence and the papers/subjects are specified per department as indicated in Table 2 below:
Article 6: The written paper will take place on Sunday, 13 October 2019 in the following Examination Centres: Bambili, Bafoussam, Buea, Douala, Ngaoundéré and Yaoundé.
Article 7: Calculators and cell phones shall not be authorised in the examination halls. Defaulters shall be immediately expelled from the examination hall.
Article 8: A Jury, specified by the competent authority, shall prepare the list of successful candidates per department by order of merit and submit it, in strict confidence, to the Minister of Higher Education for publication.
Article 9: Successful candidates shall not, under any circumstance, defer their registration to the following academie year.
Article 10: The Vice-Chancellor of The University of Bamenda, the Director of University Accreditation and Quality Control and the Director of the Higher Teacher Training College, Bambili, each in his/her own sphere, are responsible for the implementation of this Order which shall be registered and published in English and French wherever necessary.